Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
    I would say that the only people on this board that would qualify for brutal winters are those that live in Rexburg and Ontario.

Utah winters are meh. The inversions suck, but that's about it.

Besides the cold is good for you:

https://time.com/5025694/does-being-cold-burn-calories/
    Yeah, I don't mind the cold that much. You can always wear a jacket, gloves, etc. But the inversions are awful. And getting worse each year.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      To each his own. I'll take the hot summers any day over snowy winters.
      The longer I live in Houston, the more I agree with this. I don’t know if I’ve adapted, but this summer has been pleasant. In the early evening it’s not blazing hot so we’ll play a game outside and the mornings are fine to play sports until around 11am. It’s the middle of the day that sucks but that’s when you swim in the pool or watch movies inside.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I miss the cold, snowy winters and would love to get back to the Great Lakes area at some point.
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
          I miss the cold, snowy winters and would love to get back to the Great Lakes area at some point.
          This may be the first time in the history of the world that that combination of words has been arranged in that order.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• These discussions of weather are amusing. If only there was a place where the summers are warm or hot but not too hot. And where spring and fall are exactly as they should be. And winter happens but there’s never snow or ice to deal with and most days are warm enough for any outdoor activity, but you might need a sweater or jacket. If only.... oh, that’s right, there is such a place! The SF Bay Area is far from perfect, but it’s tough to beat the weather. Plus you’re close to the ocean and the mountains and the desert and so forth. Ask PAC if you don’t believe me.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
              These discussions of weather are amusing. If only there was a place where the summers are warm or hot but not too hot. And where spring and fall are exactly as they should be. And winter happens but there’s never snow or ice to deal with and most days are warm enough for any outdoor activity, but you might need a sweater or jacket. If only.... oh, that’s right, there is such a place! The SF Bay Area is far from perfect, but it’s tough to beat the weather. Plus you’re close to the ocean and the mountains and the desert and so forth. Ask PAC if you don’t believe me.
              And if only it was overcrowded, over-taxed, and on the verge of bankruptcy, it would be the ideal place to live. That is, if you could afford the housing.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

These discussions of weather are amusing. If only there was a place where the summers are warm or hot but not too hot. And where spring and fall are exactly as they should be. And winter happens but there’s never snow or ice to deal with and most days are warm enough for any outdoor activity, but you might need a sweater or jacket. If only.... oh, that’s right, there is such a place! The SF Bay Area is far from perfect, but it’s tough to beat the weather. Plus you’re close to the ocean and the mountains and the desert and so forth. Ask PAC if you don’t believe me.
                I lived there until I was 13. Weather is one thing, but i don't buy into the geography. Utah is so much more gorgeous. Hawaii would be an awesome place to live.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  The longer I live in Houston, the more I agree with this. I don’t know if I’ve adapted, but this summer has been pleasant. In the early evening it’s not blazing hot so we’ll play a game outside and the mornings are fine to play sports until around 11am. It’s the middle of the day that sucks but that’s when you swim in the pool or watch movies inside.
                  Give me hot and humid any day over bitterly cold outside and being dry-roasted inside all Winter.
                  "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                    Give me hot and humid any day over bitterly cold outside and being dry-roasted inside all Winter.
                    I just like humidity. It’s good for my skin.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

plus you get to dodge poop and needles on the sidewalks!
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        plus you get to dodge poop and needles on the sidewalks!
                        Don't forget about also getting to dodge all the homeless people too.

Comment

My daughter just moved from Eugene to an upstairs apartment in Vallejo. She was used to hot muggy nights and worried that she didn’t have an A/C unit. But she has found out that even high 80’s temp there feels pretty mild.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                            My daughter just moved from Eugene to an upstairs apartment in Vallejo. She was used to hot muggy nights and worried that she didn’t have an A/C unit. But she has found out that even high 80’s temp there feels pretty mild.
                            I miss the Bay Area this time of year. I hope your daughter lives in the right part of Vallejo.

Comment

• Random Thoughts Thread

Last edited by Moliere; 08-09-2019, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                I miss the Bay Area this time of year. I hope your daughter lives in the right part of Vallejo.
                                So far so good. She moved down there for school. We definitely saw less desirable areas there. But thankfully she’s in a nice apartment in a revitalized area.
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X