No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't like my kids at airports or on airplanes. In fact I kind of hate them. If there is plane travel involved in the eternities I may stop repenting. Although I guess hell could be an eternity of TSA lines and flights with these people.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      I don't like my kids at airports or on airplanes. In fact I kind of hate them. If there is plane travel involved in the eternities I may stop repenting. Although I guess hell could be an eternity of TSA lines and flights with these people.
      Sounds like you may have a video of bad airline employee behavior. Please share here before it goes viral.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• The counselor in our bishopric who makes assignments for sacrament meeting talks happens to be a United airlines pilot. He reports that willingness to accept speaking assignments had improved dramatically lately.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Sometimes, when it is 9:15, and I look at Skype and see that every single person on my team is offline, I wonder if I should maybe be a little more of a hardass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
            Sometimes, when it is 9:15, and I look at Skype and see that every single person on my team is offline, I wonder if I should maybe be a little more of a hardass.
            In defense of your goldbricking employees, this is the time of year that I find most difficult to work. I look out the window, see the blue skies and the trees budding out, and it is hard for me to focus.

Comment

• One of my daughters just texted me asking "What is Mom's ring size?"

Is this something I am supposed to know off the top of my head?

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                One of my daughters just texted me asking "What is Mom's ring size?"

Is this something I am supposed to know off the top of my head?
                if she's fat, 7. if not, 5.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• If you are a normal person no.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

• There's a sightseeing bus driving around downtown Houston today. What the heck are they sightseeing? It drive a bit slowly past the old Enron buildings...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• This essay illustrates precisely what is wrong with current political discourse.

https://medium.com/@girlziplocked/ch...r-6bef5be4e85d

What the hell is wrong with people?
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        This essay illustrates precisely what is wrong with current political discourse.

I always wonder what people like that do for a living. I bet she doesn't even have a real PhD!

Comment

This essay illustrates precisely what is wrong with current political discourse.

yikes
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Seems like your typical liberal ("burn down berkeley because we really don't like free speech") nut to me.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                              I always wonder what people like that do for a living. I bet she doesn't even have a real PhD!
                              Yeah and I am guessing her name isn't really "Holly Wood" too!
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Deleted. Sum up what I missed.
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X