No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should have been in bed an hour ago but I'm mesmerized buy a ridiculous mockumentary(?) about mermaids. Wtf is wrong with me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• My wife, baby-talking to our newborn daughter, who looks nothing like her siblings:

"Just where did you come from, sweetheart?"

"Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
        My wife, baby-talking to our newborn daughter, who looks nothing like her siblings:

"Just where did you come from, sweetheart?"

I know it's coming late, but congrats SJS. She's a cute kid.
        Not that, sickos.

Comment

• The announcer for a flight to London just called for row 80 to board. I guess I've never been on a big plane; that sounds huge. Also, I'm at SFO, and they called for passenger Michael Singletary. The place got quiet for a second.
          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
            The announcer for a flight to London just called for row 80 to board. I guess I've never been on a big plane; that sounds huge. Also, I'm at SFO, and they called for passenger Michael Singletary. The place got quiet for a second.
            It would have been cool to see him running down the jetway like OJ in the old Hertz commercials.

Comment

• I was walking our dog with my daughter this morning around the neighborhood when a car pulls up and stops by us. A middle aged woman chit chats with us about our dog then asks us if we're heading to church later because we obviously weren't that morning. I told her that our church service today was a nice walk outside with our dog. The woman told us to go home, put on church clothes, and go to church. And I thought Utah county was weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danimal View Post
                I was walking our dog with my daughter this morning around the neighborhood when a car pulls up and stops by us. A middle aged woman chit chats with us about our dog then asks us if we're heading to church later because we obviously weren't that morning. I told her that our church service today was a nice walk outside with our dog. The woman told us to go home, put on church clothes, and go to church. And I thought Utah county was weird.
                Clearly a member of the Three Nephites in drag.

Comment

• People who say they're going to "make a long story short" almost never do.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    People who say they're going to "make a long story short" almost never do.
                    It's all relative.
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Carlsbad police: Mormon missionary turns himself in for sexual abuse
                      [...]
                      Patrick "Robbie" Oliphant, 20, of Carlsbad is accused of molesting a five-year-old girl while babysitting - a crime he reportedly confessed to in May.

A criminal complaint from the Carlsbad Police Department states the victim's mother received a call from Oliphant's missionary leader, Stephen Hess, in Michigan where Oliphant had been living since April to train as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Hess said Oliphant told him what he had done because he needed to get if off his conscience before starting missionary work.

http://www.currentargus.com/ci_23467396/carlsbad-police-mormon-missionary-turns-himself-sexual-abuse

I am pretty sure he won't be starting his mission.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I'm not an emotional guy, but this brought a tear to my eye. My 9 year old made this, although he had a little bit of help getting the pictures on there from his mom. Makes me feel a bit inadequate, but it might be the best card I've ever received.

0-7.jpeg
                        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• You are obviously raising your children right. The best comparison he can think of the various delicious uses for pig. Well done, sir. Well done.
                          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Can't stop thinking about purple zebras. Weird.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Can't stop thinking about purple zebras. Weird.
                              Now all I can think of are purple turtle milk shakes.
                              Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                                Now all I can think of are purple turtle milk shakes.
                                Is the Purple Turtle still up and running?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X