That awkward time of year again

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Scott R Nelson
    UofU/BYU mixed marriage
    • Apr 2010
    • 1508

    #1

    That awkward time of year again

    It happens twice a year. When the weather is such that I want to run both the furnace and the air conditioner in the same 24 hours.

    I guess those of you in colder climates can wait a few more weeks to hit this point.
  • mtnbiker
    it's all a blur
    • Mar 2009
    • 2573

    #2
    Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
    It happens twice a year. When the weather is such that I want to run both the furnace and the air conditioner in the same 24 hours.

    I guess those of you in colder climates can wait a few more weeks to hit this point.
    A/C? Why run it this time of year? It's not that hot; just open the windows.

    Comment

    • Scott R Nelson
      UofU/BYU mixed marriage
      • Apr 2010
      • 1508

      #3
      I said that I want to run it, not that I do run it. Opening windows lets the freeway noise in, but we'll do that for a few hours anyway.

      Comment

      • wuapinmon
        Soul Plumber
        • Dec 2008
        • 30711

        #4
        Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
        I said that I want to run it, not that I do run it. Opening windows lets the freeway noise in, but we'll do that for a few hours anyway.
        Put one of these in...we use it pretty much from mid-March to early May, and mid-October to early December. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Air-Vent-30...iABEgLXxvD_BwE

        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

        Comment

        • Northwestcoug
          Cocked and Loaded
          • May 2011
          • 18029

          #5
          Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          Put one of these in...we use it pretty much from mid-March to early May, and mid-October to early December. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Air-Vent-30...iABEgLXxvD_BwE

          We had one of those in Massachusetts. Every time we turned it on the house windows threatened to shatter. But it kept the house somewhat cool in the non-summer months.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

          Comment

          • wuapinmon
            Soul Plumber
            • Dec 2008
            • 30711

            #6
            Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            We had one of those in Massachusetts. Every time we turned it on the house windows threatened to shatter. But it kept the house somewhat cool in the non-summer months.
            Ours sucks in mourning doves that stray too close to the house on their flight paths. It will legit make our curtains go to 45 degrees as long as no doors to the outside are open.
            "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
            The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

            Comment

            • Northwestcoug
              Cocked and Loaded
              • May 2011
              • 18029

              #7
              Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              Ours sucks in mourning doves that stray too close to the house on their flight paths. It will legit make our curtains go to 45 degrees as long as no doors to the outside are open.
              LOL. I had forgotten about one time I found a dove in our kitchen. I wonder if it too had been sucked in by the fan.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

              Comment

              • Uncle Ted
                The Big 12 money shot.
                • Apr 2010
                • 28853

                #8
                Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                Ours sucks in mourning doves that stray too close to the house on their flight paths. It will legit make our curtains go to 45 degrees as long as no doors to the outside are open.
                Hey, can you catch and kill mosquitos with that thing?... My bug zapper hasn't been cutting it lately.

                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                Working...