2018 deaths thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Pelado
    Bald not naked
    • Sep 2010
    • 21143

    #181
    Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
    I felt like I was watching Pelado's brother.
    My brother, Ricky, texted me earlier today.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

    Comment

    • Dwight Schr-ute
      Members Only
      • May 2011
      • 4917

      #182
      2018 deaths thread

      Stephen Hillenburg. Ex marine biology teacher at the Orange County Marine Institute. More recently, he was the creator of SpongeBob Squarepants. He passed away at 57 today from ALS, 18 months after revealing he’d been diagnosed.





      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

      Comment

      • mtnbiker
        it's all a blur
        • Mar 2009
        • 2573

        #183
        George H.W. Bush

        Comment

        • dabrockster
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2009
          • 10951

          #184
          Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
          George H.W. Bush
          This one makes me sad..


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment

          • Bo Diddley
            Senior
            • Jul 2012
            • 18802

            #185
            Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
            This one makes me sad..


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Agreed

            Comment

            • Babs
              Not a Lawyer
              • Nov 2008
              • 17128

              #186
              The last of a different era. I hope his spirit shines down from a thousand points of light.

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69718

                #187
                Originally posted by Babs View Post
                The last of a different era. I hope his spirit shines down from a thousand points of light.
                Yes. A truly great man.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #188
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Yes. A truly great man.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • dabrockster
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 10951

                    #189

                    Here is the letter. Where has our politicians gone. There is no civility or humility.

                    As Babs says. An era has past us.





                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    • Lost Student
                      BAND!
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 4324

                      #190
                      Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                      Here is the letter. Where has our politicians gone. There is no civility or humility.

                      As Babs says. An era has past us.

                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Nonsense. It’s your duty to get that America back.
                      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

                      Comment

                      • Uncle Ted
                        The Big 12 money shot.
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 28853

                        #191
                        Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                        Nonsense. It’s your duty to get that America back.
                        And no civility until Brock does!
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • Babs
                          Not a Lawyer
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 17128

                          #192
                          Originally posted by dabrockster View Post

                          As Babs says. An era has past us.
                          Well, BG would probably spell it correctly, but otherwise right. I had a brief conversation with GHWB in the mid-nineties. His grace, humility, and tremendous sense of what matters most were so powerful. I don’t think I’ll ever forget his words that day.

                          Comment

                          • clackamascoug
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 9709

                            #193
                            I think GHWB's legacy will ultimately be... his post presidential grace and genuine love of life and his fellow man.

                            Comment

                            • creekster
                              It is NOT a monkey!
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22661

                              #194
                              Paul Sherwen, the voice of professional bike racing throughout my lifetime, passed today. I can’t imagine the month of July without him.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                              Comment

                              • RC Vikings
                                Known Heterosexual
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 8789

                                #195
                                Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                Paul Sherwen, the voice of professional bike racing throughout my lifetime, passed today. I can’t imagine the month of July without him.
                                I just saw that, I always thought he was a nice complement for Liggett.

                                Comment

                                Working...