A dump truck

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Babs
    Not a Lawyer
    • Nov 2008
    • 17128

    #1

    A dump truck

    not the little one, but one of the really big ones


    just accidentally dropped its entire load on the street in front of my house. The whole street is blocked off and there are cops everywhere. I can't believe my son's missing this. I can see him out there with all his toy dump trucks in 100% bona fide real dump truck dirt!
  • scottie
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 5247

    #2
    Originally posted by Babs View Post
    not the little one, but one of the really big ones


    just accidentally dropped its entire load on the street in front of my house. The whole street is blocked off and there are cops everywhere. I can't believe my son's missing this. I can see him out there with all his toy dump trucks in 100% bona fide real dump truck dirt!
    Take a pic and post it (or is that the real pic?).

    Comment

    • creekster
      It is NOT a monkey!
      • Nov 2008
      • 22661

      #3
      Accidentally? How do you do that accidentally?
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

      Comment

      • Fiyero
        Banned
        • Nov 2008
        • 5266

        #4
        Man! Your town is just as muddy as Checotah.

        Comment

        • Jarid in Cedar
          CS Institutional Memory
          • Jun 2009
          • 13234

          #5
          Originally posted by Babs View Post
          not the little one, but one of the really big ones


          just accidentally dropped its entire load on the street in front of my house. The whole street is blocked off and there are cops everywhere. I can't believe my son's missing this. I can see him out there with all his toy dump trucks in 100% bona fide real dump truck dirt!
          My dad used to own a construction company. I remember all of those big piles of dirt and the hours of time we spent digging in them. It was even better when he would use the backhoe to push all of the snow up onto our lawn, making a 12-15 foot high snow fort. Good times!!
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

          "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

          "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

          -Rick Majerus

          Comment

          • il Padrino Ute
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 19161

            #6
            Originally posted by Babs View Post
            not the little one, but one of the really big ones


            just accidentally dropped its entire load on the street in front of my house. The whole street is blocked off and there are cops everywhere. I can't believe my son's missing this. I can see him out there with all his toy dump trucks in 100% bona fide real dump truck dirt!
            You can't believe your son is missing this?

            I can't believe I'm missing it.
            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

            Comment

            • Babs
              Not a Lawyer
              • Nov 2008
              • 17128

              #7
              Originally posted by scottie View Post
              Take a pic and post it (or is that the real pic?).
              yeah, I was thinking I need to do that. It seems a little awkward, though, with all the cops out there. "Don't mind me, I'm just going to take a picture for an internet board."

              Comment

              • il Padrino Ute
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 19161

                #8
                Originally posted by Babs View Post
                yeah, I was thinking I need to do that. It seems a little awkward, though, with all the cops out there. "Don't mind me, I'm just going to take a picture for an internet board."
                Taking a photo will ensure that the cops don't break out the nightsticks.
                "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                Comment

                • FMCoug
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 6825

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Babs View Post
                  yeah, I was thinking I need to do that. It seems a little awkward, though, with all the cops out there. "Don't mind me, I'm just going to take a picture for an internet board."
                  I think it woudl be perceived as natural. I can't believe there aren't others already doing it. If they give you grief, tell them you're concerned about damage to your property as well as police conduct, then escalte to video!
                  "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                  Comment

                  • creekster
                    It is NOT a monkey!
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22661

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Babs View Post
                    yeah, I was thinking I need to do that. It seems a little awkward, though, with all the cops out there. "Don't mind me, I'm just going to take a picture for an internet board."
                    Tell them its for the lawsuit you are going to file and that you are acting under the directions of your attorney. THey'll understand.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                    Comment

                    • FMCoug
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 6825

                      #11
                      Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                      Taking a photo will ensure that the cops don't break out the nightsticks.
                      Damn. You beat me to it.
                      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                      Comment

                      • il Padrino Ute
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 19161

                        #12
                        Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                        Damn. You beat me to it.
                        You brought up the proof that Babs wouldn't be liable for damage to her property, which is a good thing.

                        If this were match play, we halved the hole.
                        "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                        "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                        Comment

                        • Babs
                          Not a Lawyer
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 17128

                          #13
                          Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          Tell them its for the lawsuit you are going to file and that you are acting under the directions of your attorney. THey'll understand.
                          sweet! That's even better. "Could you step out of the way, officer. I need to get some shots to submit to all my attorneys. Thanks, sweetheart!"

                          Comment

                          • beelzebabette
                            Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 2907

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Babs View Post
                            sweet! That's even better. "Could you step out of the way, officer. I need to get some shots to submit to all my attorneys. Thanks, sweetheart!"
                            Definitely go with the video. If you're going to go all diner waitress on the officer, I want to watch it later on YouTube.

                            Comment

                            Working...