10 Habits of Highly Unsuccessful People

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Katy Lied
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 9435

    #1

    10 Habits of Highly Unsuccessful People

    From the youtube video. 10 things Poor People Do that Rich People Dont.

    Probably just correlation, not causation.

    Poor people:

    1. Watch a lot of TV
    2. Eat fast food
    3. Buy clothes or products that are on sale
    4. Wake up later than rich people in their early years
    5. Are really into sports
    6. Don't shower as often as rich people do. WTF? This is true in today's service society.
    7. Blame others for their misfortunes
    8. Have no money saved
    9. Take out loans or use credit cards to buy useless stuff (meaning, stuff that doesn't generate more income)
    10. Have more kids, or kids earlier in life.
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69698

    #2
    Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
    From the youtube video. 10 things Poor People Do that Rich People Dont.

    Probably just correlation, not causation.

    Poor people:

    1. Watch a lot of TV
    2. Eat fast food
    3. Buy clothes or products that are on sale
    4. Wake up later than rich people in their early years
    5. Are really into sports
    6. Don't shower as often as rich people do. WTF? This is true in today's service society.
    7. Blame others for their misfortunes
    8. Have no money saved
    9. Take out loans or use credit cards to buy useless stuff (meaning, stuff that doesn't generate more income)
    10. Have more kids, or kids earlier in life.
    #teampoorpeople
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • BigPiney
      Huge Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 12366

      #3
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      #teampoorpeople


      Welcome to the club.

      Comment

      • old_gregg
        scaly man fish
        • Nov 2009
        • 16915

        #4
        i think i regularly do like 8 of those thing. definitely not unsuccessful
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

        Comment

        • Color Me Badd Fan
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 12519

          #5
          Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
          From the youtube video. 10 things Poor People Do that Rich People Dont.

          Probably just correlation, not causation.

          Poor people:

          1. Watch a lot of TV
          2. Eat fast food
          3. Buy clothes or products that are on sale
          4. Wake up later than rich people in their early years
          5. Are really into sports
          6. Don't shower as often as rich people do. WTF? This is true in today's service society.
          7. Blame others for their misfortunes
          8. Have no money saved
          9. Take out loans or use credit cards to buy useless stuff (meaning, stuff that doesn't generate more income)
          10. Have more kids, or kids earlier in life.
          I like the part about how poor people have no money saved and rich people do. You learn something new every day.
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

          Comment

          • creekster
            It is NOT a monkey!
            • Nov 2008
            • 22661

            #6
            Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
            i think i regularly do like 8 of those thing. definitely not unsuccessful

            One thing we can always count on in an OG post: No false modesty. Ever.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

            Comment

            • creekster
              It is NOT a monkey!
              • Nov 2008
              • 22661

              #7
              I, too, do most of those things now and have done them throughout my life to one degree or another. But I am puzzled by the idea that poor people buy stuff on sale. rich people don't? Some of the tightest, most penny-pinching people I have ever known are people who are far more wealthy and successful than even OG. I am not sure I get that factor here.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69698

                #8
                Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                I like the part about how poor people have no money saved and rich people do. You learn something new every day.
                It's an incredible insight!
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                  Time to camp
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26082

                  #9
                  Exactly what time do successful/rich people wake up "in their early years" and when do the early years end?
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

                  Comment

                  • Jarid in Cedar
                    CS Institutional Memory
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 13234

                    #10
                    Originally posted by creekster View Post
                    I, too, do most of those things now and have done them throughout my life to one degree or another. But I am puzzled by the idea that poor people buy stuff on sale. rich people don't? Some of the tightest, most penny-pinching people I have ever known are people who are far more wealthy and successful than even OG. I am not sure I get that factor here.
                    What I read from that, is that they but things "because they are on sale" not because they need it at the moment. Frugal people wait until they need it, then search out the absolute best price available at that moment.

                    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                    -Rick Majerus

                    Comment

                    • creekster
                      It is NOT a monkey!
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 22661

                      #11
                      Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      Exactly what time do successful/rich people wake up "in their early years" and when do the early years end?
                      About the same time as the wonder years. But, on the plus side, if you have to ask then they arent over for you. Yet.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                      Comment

                      • creekster
                        It is NOT a monkey!
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22661

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                        What I read from that, is that they but things "because they are on sale" not because they need it at the moment. Frugal people wait until they need it, then search out the absolute best price available at that moment.

                        Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                        I considered that, but it seems largely redundant with number nine. And with this post I have offically spent far too much time considering this.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                        Comment

                        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                          Time to camp
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26082

                          #13
                          Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          About the same time as the wonder years. But, on the plus side, if you have to ask then they arent over for you. Yet.
                          So I still have a chance. What time do you wake up?
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

                          Comment

                          • Eddie
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 8098

                            #14
                            There are some days that just waking up seems pretty darn successful to me.

                            Comment

                            • creekster
                              It is NOT a monkey!
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22661

                              #15
                              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              So I still have a chance. What time do you wake up?
                              Now? or in mywonder early years?
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                              Comment

                              Working...