• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opium for the masses.

Comment

• Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
      Opium for the masses.
      Taking a trip to Afghanistan?
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Leah Remini took a vacation. She liked it so much that she decided to relocate.

Last edited by ByronMarchant; 12-03-2016, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Take a Vacation

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
          Leah Remini took a vacation. She liked it so much that she decided to relocate.

Smh.

I hope your holiday season is happy.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
            Leah Remini took a vacation. She liked it so much that she decided to relocate.
            Wrong board!
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              I guess I'll add: Currently in KC for Thanksgiving, but working too much. We are also going to SLC over New Year's. My maternal Grandma's birthday is December 31. She is my last surviving grandparent and is turning 100. Both paternal grandparents died at 99. We are finally getting a 100th bday celebration, so we are really going to blow it out with all her posterity flying in from all over the country. All her kids, 12 grandkids + spouses and something like 30 great grandkids. Also a lot of grandma's nieces and nephews and some distant relatives she has connected with in Denmark (she is a genealogy machine) are coming. Should be fun and I know grandma will love it.
              I'd like to return and report that Grandma did indeed make it to her 100th birthday party on new years eve. All living descendants and their spouses along with cousins from across the United states and Denmark showed up. We performed some of her favorite music at her request and had a great time just being together as am extended family. She is an amazing woman and has lived an amazing life. I am so fortunate to have her legacy as part of my life's foundation. She was so happy to be with all her family, it wouldn't surprise me if this gave her the strength to last another 3 or 4 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                I'd like to return and report that Grandma did indeed make it to her 100th birthday party on new years eve. All living descendants and their spouses along with cousins from across the United states and Denmark showed up. We performed some of her favorite music at her request and had a great time just being together as am extended family. She is an amazing woman and has lived an amazing life. I am so fortunate to have her legacy as part of my life's foundation. She was so happy to be with all her family, it wouldn't surprise me if this gave her the strength to last another 3 or 4 years.
                Very cool.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Since you want to draw inappropriate comparisons, here is a better one to Leah Remini:

Say, Marie Osmond was really good friends with Thomas S. Monson's wife Frances, (and let's assume Frances is still alive), and Marie notices that Frances has been missing for oh, 7 years. No one has seen her, not her family, her relatives, and obviously, her closest friends. But instead Pres. Monson has been squiring around a young 20-something girl who he names his "communicator" who accompanies him wherever he goes, official or personal matters. And they travel together and berth together and people have been seeing inappropriate PDAs between the couple. And Marie goes to General Conference and notices that this communicator is sitting with all the GA wives, and so after conference Marie asks "Where's Frances?" And one of the Q12 tells Marie "she doesn't have the F#^%ing rank to ask that question."

So Marie files a missing person's report with the SLC PD, and after it is leaked to the press, the missing person's report is stamped "solved" by a Lieutenant in the SLCPD who also works for the Church in his spare time. No details, no case notes, nothing, just a terse announcement: "The SLC PD has determined that this is not a legit missing person's report."

Meanwhile Marie Osmond gets dragged to SLC (she has to put her career and business interests on hold) for 3 months, where she undergoes interrogations for 14 hours per day, 7 days per week, on why she filed the missing persons report. At the end of this 3 month interrogation, she is handed a bill for $350,000 that she pays, and is warned never to speak of her concerns again.

When our Church becomes that church, then I might take a vacation.

(And stay tuned, Remini filed a FOIA with the LAPD, asking for specific details on her earlier Missing Person's Request, including who investigated, what did they find, who did they talk to, why didn't the LAPD respond to the person who filed the report (Remini), etc. The LAPD submitted a request for an additional 2 weeks to respond, which expired 3 days ago.)

Comment

• So I am going to Japan in early may (likely for 2 weeks), any suggestions on things to see/do?

also, I am working in Manila for 2 weeks beforehand. any suggestions on stuff to see in the area?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                      So I am going to Japan in early may (likely for 2 weeks), any suggestions on things to see/do?

also, I am working in Manila for 2 weeks beforehand. any suggestions on stuff to see in the area?

Thanks
                      What part of Japan? How much free time do you anticipate?

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                        What part of Japan? How much free time do you anticipate?
                        I will be in Japan for 2 weeks, was planning on Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka and whatever else I find that suits my interest

Comment

I will be in Japan for 2 weeks, was planning on Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka and whatever else I find that suits my interest
                          Tokyo and Kyoto are a must.

Consider climbing Mt. Fuji.

Consider seeing Nara also. Close to Kyoto.

Served my mission in Osaka. You will want to see the Osaka Castle. They have a nice aquarium with a captive whale shark. The food in Osaka is great.

You should consider a stop in Hiroshima. And go to Miyajima while you are there.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I can help with Manila. Do you have your details? Where will you be staying? Weekends?
                            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

I agree with Lebowski that Nara/Kyoto is a must. Kinkakuji and the old castles are cool.

In Tokyo, early/mid May is when the Summer Sumo basho happens. The first Japanese yokozuna (top rank) in about 20 years (lately it's been all Mongolians) was just promoted 2 months ago, and in the tournament just ended yesterday, he won top prize, despite getting a bad shoulder injury on day 13 of the 15-day tournament. So interest in sumo is up.

I also like the Ginza area. They close the main streets on Sundays, and you can stroll all over, eating at some awesome restaurants, shopping, people watching, etc. Your kids would love toys from the Hakuhinkan Toy Park, which has all kinds of funky Japanese-specific toys. You can catch Kabuki in the area, too, if you're into that kind of thing.

Comment

• Do you think there is plenty to do over 2 week? I was debating whether to go to China for a few days of the 2 weeks ,just curious on your thoughts

Comment

Working...
                                X