I have a playoff game tonight in Mammoth. Going to be 42 degrees at game start and we are doing a 3 man crew for a 8 man game.
The Sports Officials Thread
Collapse
X
-
Find a good umpire for your crew. They can save your bacon when you inevitably get confused over penalty administration.Originally posted by BigPiney View PostGoing to do football again this year. At the first meeting they were asking me white hat some JV games this year. Don't feel ready for that. At all.
Comment
-
Originally posted by Shaka View Post
Find a good umpire for your crew. They can save your bacon when you inevitably get confused over penalty administration.
That is the plan hopefully.
Around here on your first varsity game as white hat the head official for this area will be the umpire with you. This guy is usually the umpire on the D1 champ game (with teams like St John Bosco and Mater Dei). I did an 8 man game with him last year that he drove up to. It was really fun learning from a guy that knows what he is doing.
Comment
-
You'll do great!Originally posted by BigPiney View PostGoing to do football again this year. At the first meeting they were asking me white hat some JV games this year. Don't feel ready for that. At all."I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
- Goatnapper'96
Comment
-
I was thrown to the wolves on my first varsity white hat game. It went ok though. I just realized I've been retired from sports officiating for over a decade.Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

That is the plan hopefully.
Around here on your first varsity game as white hat the head official for this area will be the umpire with you. This guy is usually the umpire on the D1 champ game (with teams like St John Bosco and Mater Dei). I did an 8 man game with him last year that he drove up to. It was really fun learning from a guy that knows what he is doing.
Comment
Comment