You are a Tool

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #1

    You are a Tool

    I had an interesting experience yesterday at the gym. I survived a face-to-face encounter with a complete idiot.....I thought I would share it here and encourage others to share similar Tool survival stories.

    So like everyone else, I like to have my ipod working while I am at the gym. I was over in the free weight area about 30 minutes before the game started. Unfortunately, that is the worst time to go to the gym because everyone is just off work. It was crowded.

    Crowded gyms are not always a bad thing. But when you want to get out of there, the crowds can be a hassle.

    I found a spot off in the corner by the mirrored walls and was minding my own beeswax. I notice out of the corner of my eye that a fanboy comes up next to me and sits down on an upright bench. I guess he wanted to do curls because he had 2 dumbbells with him. I notice out of the corner of my eye that he is just sitting there, not starting. he was in pretty good shape, so I assumed that he was simply psyching himself up or maybe resting from a previous set.

    As I wrap up my set and take a moment, he taps me on the arm.

    Him: Hey, can I ask you for a favor?
    Me: Um....sure. What's up?
    Him: Can you hold my iPhone while I do my sets?
    Me: What?
    Him: Do you mind holding my iPhone while I do a quick 3 sets?
    Me: Hold your phone? Sure, I guess. Why don't you just put it on the ground?
    Him: I don't want it to get scratched.

    I wound up holding his iPhone but was tempted to drop it on purpose.

    I also noticed that he was rocking a Bentley water bottle that had some wear on the label. My guess is that he went to the Bentley dealership, pretended to look at cars, asked them for a few branded water bottles, and now re-uses the water bottles so people will think he drives a Bentley. The label on the bottle was somewhat faded and peeling.

    tool.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic
  • landpoke
    Never once baby snatched
    • Nov 2008
    • 4183

    #2
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    I had an interesting experience yesterday at the gym. I survived a face-to-face encounter with a complete idiot.....I thought I would share it here and encourage others to share similar Tool survival stories.

    So like everyone else, I like to have my ipod working while I am at the gym. I was over in the free weight area about 30 minutes before the game started. Unfortunately, that is the worst time to go to the gym because everyone is just off work. It was crowded.

    Crowded gyms are not always a bad thing. But when you want to get out of there, the crowds can be a hassle.

    I found a spot off in the corner by the mirrored walls and was minding my own beeswax. I notice out of the corner of my eye that a fanboy comes up next to me and sits down on an upright bench. I guess he wanted to do curls because he had 2 dumbbells with him. I notice out of the corner of my eye that he is just sitting there, not starting. he was in pretty good shape, so I assumed that he was simply psyching himself up or maybe resting from a previous set.

    As I wrap up my set and take a moment, he taps me on the arm.

    Him: Hey, can I ask you for a favor?
    Me: Um....sure. What's up?
    Him: Can you hold my iPhone while I do my sets?
    Me: What?
    Him: Do you mind holding my iPhone while I do a quick 3 sets?
    Me: Hold your phone? Sure, I guess. Why don't you just put it on the ground?
    Him: I don't want it to get scratched.

    I wound up holding his iPhone but was tempted to drop it on purpose.

    I also noticed that he was rocking a Bentley water bottle that had some wear on the label. My guess is that he went to the Bentley dealership, pretended to look at cars, asked them for a few branded water bottles, and now re-uses the water bottles so people will think he drives a Bentley. The label on the bottle was somewhat faded and peeling.

    tool.
    Was he rocking Ed Hardy or Affliction? Also aren't y'all supposed to use the opportunities to recruit? I think you best be talking to your bishop.
    There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

    Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

    Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
    …
    Tomorrow is Saturday
    And Sunday comes afterwards

    Comment

    • Indy Coug
      Heartless Bastard
      • Dec 2008
      • 18747

      #3
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      I had an interesting experience yesterday at the gym. I survived a face-to-face encounter with a complete idiot.....I thought I would share it here and encourage others to share similar Tool survival stories.

      So like everyone else, I like to have my ipod working while I am at the gym. I was over in the free weight area about 30 minutes before the game started. Unfortunately, that is the worst time to go to the gym because everyone is just off work. It was crowded.

      Crowded gyms are not always a bad thing. But when you want to get out of there, the crowds can be a hassle.

      I found a spot off in the corner by the mirrored walls and was minding my own beeswax. I notice out of the corner of my eye that a fanboy comes up next to me and sits down on an upright bench. I guess he wanted to do curls because he had 2 dumbbells with him. I notice out of the corner of my eye that he is just sitting there, not starting. he was in pretty good shape, so I assumed that he was simply psyching himself up or maybe resting from a previous set.

      As I wrap up my set and take a moment, he taps me on the arm.

      Him: Hey, can I ask you for a favor?
      Me: Um....sure. What's up?
      Him: Can you hold my iPhone while I do my sets?
      Me: What?
      Him: Do you mind holding my iPhone while I do a quick 3 sets?
      Me: Hold your phone? Sure, I guess. Why don't you just put it on the ground?
      Him: I don't want it to get scratched.

      I wound up holding his iPhone but was tempted to drop it on purpose.

      I also noticed that he was rocking a Bentley water bottle that had some wear on the label. My guess is that he went to the Bentley dealership, pretended to look at cars, asked them for a few branded water bottles, and now re-uses the water bottles so people will think he drives a Bentley. The label on the bottle was somewhat faded and peeling.

      tool.
      Remember when James Bond in Casino Royale was bending over and tying his shoes next to the valet station and this guy yells at him to park his car for him, so James Bond takes his car and crashes it?

      That was cool.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

      Comment

      • YOhio
        Hipster Mode
        • Nov 2008
        • 26165

        #4
        You ended up holding some dude's iphone while he lifted weights and he's the tool? lol!

        Comment

        • ERCougar
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 10978

          #5
          Yeah, what a tool.
          Wait--who was holding whose iphone again?

          EDIT: Dang it, YO!
          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

          Comment

          • Hot Lunch
            Out of Office
            • Nov 2008
            • 7842

            #6
            Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            You ended up holding some dude's iphone while he lifted weights and he's the tool? lol!
            lol, I was thinking the same thing.
            "Take it to the Bank"

            Comment

            • Babs
              Not a Lawyer
              • Nov 2008
              • 17128

              #7
              Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
              Yeah, what a tool.
              Wait--who was holding whose iphone again?

              EDIT: Dang it, YO!
              The board hack strikes again.

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #8
                Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                You ended up holding some dude's iphone while he lifted weights and he's the tool? lol!
                I didn't want to be mean.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • YOhio
                  Hipster Mode
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26165

                  #9
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  I didn't want to be mean.
                  No, you didn't want him to get mean with you. Grow a spine Triple Dad.

                  Comment

                  • pellegrino
                    miserere me
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 12100

                    #10
                    Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                    Yeah, what a tool.
                    Wait--who was holding whose iphone again?

                    EDIT: Dang it, YO!
                    It's all about timing.
                    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                    Alessandro Manzoni

                    Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                    pelagius

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #11
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      No, you didn't want him to get mean with you. Grow a spine Triple Dad.
                      It all happened so quickly.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Indy Coug
                        Heartless Bastard
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 18747

                        #12
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        It all happened so quickly.
                        The reason why he has a Bentley and you don't is because he can make people like you do stupid things like that for him.

                        Strive to be the master instead of bitching about being the grasshopper.
                        Everything in life is an approximation.

                        http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                          The reason why he has a Bentley and you don't is because he can make people like you do stupid things like that for him.

                          Strive to be the master instead of bitching about being the grasshopper.
                          I feel used.

                          I should have dropped his iPhone right then and there.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Hot Lunch
                            Out of Office
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7842

                            #14
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            I feel used.

                            I should have dropped his iPhone right then and there.
                            You should have thrown it in his face and opened a can of whoop ass on him.
                            "Take it to the Bank"

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                              You should have thrown it in his face and opened a can of whoop ass on him.
                              That may have been overreacting.

                              What I should have done was held the phone on the condition that I could use it to play games or check my email
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...