Best post ever.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SoonerCoug
    Joycelyn Elders Supporter
    • Nov 2008
    • 4680

    #1

    Best post ever.

    Choose your best post ever and put it it in this thread.

    Here is mine:



    "As an active member of the LDS Church, I was disappointed in the documentary, "The Mormons" that aired on PBS. I felt it was way too negative and relied on too many interviews from former members whose views were definitely tainted, and possibly inaccurate. The interviews represented ONE person's experience and did not accurately represent the whole church. I don't feel that it represented the church well at all. It was not balanced and dwelt on too many negative issues, when there is so much good. People who don't know anything about our faith who watched this show will definitely come away with a narrow, negative view. What a shame! — Shawna, California"

    SoonerCoug's analysis:

    (1) As an active member of the LDS CHURCH, I was disappointed in THE DOCUMENTARY, "The Mormons" that aired on PBS.

    (2) I felt it was way TOO NEGATIVE and relied on too many interviews from former members whose views were definitely tainted, and possibly inaccurate.

    (3) The interviews REPRESENTED ONE person's experience and did not accurately represent the whole church.

    (3') I don't feel that it REPRESENTED the church well at all.

    (2') It was not balanced and dwelt on TOO many NEGATIVE issues, when there is so much good.

    (1') People who don't know anything about OUR FAITH who watched THIS SHOW will definitely come away with a narrow, negative view.

    Therefore, Shawna in California is probably an ancient Hebrew.
    That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

    http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug
  • YOhio
    Hipster Mode
    • Nov 2008
    • 26165

    #2
    I bet Uncle Ted's best post ever contains the following format:

    First- Comment on the post or topic
    Second- Link to an article, comic or image that's occasionally somewhat related to the post or topic
    Third- Quote from article or image posting
    Fourth- Something about libertarian politics or Texas.

    Comment

    • Indy Coug
      Heartless Bastard
      • Dec 2008
      • 18747

      #3
      My posts are like my children. I don't love one in favor of another.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

      Comment

      • HBCoug
        Peanut Gallery Asshat
        • Dec 2008
        • 2082

        #4
        Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
        My posts are like my children. I don't love one in favor of another.
        I thought you were going to say, "my posts are like my children ... innumerable when you consider all the locations I frequent."

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69703

          #5
          Sooner whiffed on the thread title. It should have been:

          Best. Post. Ever.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Indy Coug
            Heartless Bastard
            • Dec 2008
            • 18747

            #6
            Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
            I thought you were going to say, "my posts are like my children ... innumerable when you consider all the locations I frequent."
            I have an Abrahamic Covenant of sorts going on here.
            Everything in life is an approximation.

            http://twitter.com/CougarStats

            Comment

            • Uncle Ted
              The Big 12 money shot.
              • Apr 2010
              • 28853

              #7
              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              I bet Uncle Ted's best post ever contains the following format:

              First- Comment on the post or topic
              Second- Link to an article, comic or image that's occasionally somewhat related to the post or topic
              Third- Quote from article or image posting
              Fourth- Something about libertarian politics or Texas.
              Why change what works?
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • Walter Sobchak
                Adventurer
                • Oct 2009
                • 3815

                #8
                Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                Why change what works?
                If-you-are-lucky-enough-to-be-diffrent-don't-ever-change-saying-quotes-pictures.jpg
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

                Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

                Comment

                • Lost Student
                  BAND!
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 4324

                  #9
                  how-can-mirrors-be-real-if-our-eyes-arent-real.png



                  Edit: Just to clarify, this isn't my post, but it is very deep and better than Taylor Swift's quote.
                  "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                  "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                  This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                  "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                  "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

                  Comment

                  • HBCoug
                    Peanut Gallery Asshat
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 2082

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4012[/ATTACH]



                    Edit: Just to clarify, this isn't my post, but it is very deep and better than Taylor Swift's quote.
                    Well there goes my afternoon. I'll be contemplating that truth nugget for days. This probably belongs in that weird names thread, but since I hate clogging up the board with posts, I'm going to mention it here. The Fresh Prince's son reminds me of a "friend" on Facebook who named her son Jaydden. It makes me upset every time I read it.

                    Comment

                    • snowcat
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 1348

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                      Edit: Just to clarify, this isn't my post, but it is very deep and better than Taylor Swift's quote.
                      kanye-west-taylor-swift.jpg
                      One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

                      Woot

                      I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                      SU

                      Comment

                      Working...