How often do you have to pull all-nighters for work?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • scottie
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 5247

    #1

    How often do you have to pull all-nighters for work?

    And I don't mean working a grave shift.
    30
    Never
    40.00%
    12
    1x a year
    6.67%
    2
    2x a year
    3.33%
    1
    3x a year
    3.33%
    1
    4x a year
    13.33%
    4
    >4x a year
    33.33%
    10
    Last edited by scottie; 01-24-2014, 12:00 PM.
  • scottie
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 5247

    #2
    I had one last night, in fact.

    Comment

    • Lost Student
      BAND!
      • Nov 2008
      • 4324

      #3
      Originally posted by scottie View Post
      I had one last night, in fact.
      Me too. 2nd one this month. The one I did last week maybe could have been avoided if I hadn't procrastinated. Last night I don't think I could have avoided it. Oh well, it's better to be too busy than not busy enough.
      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #4
        never any more.

        I rarely pull all dayers these days.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • CJF
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 8497

          #5
          About twice a week, but for me it's an all dayer. Completely screws with my sleep pattern.
          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

          Comment

          • FN Phat
            I ♥ gateway sex
            • Feb 2009
            • 8691

            #6
            Never. Sometimes I have to go on a night shift for a few weeks to assist but never an all nighter
            I'm your huckleberry.


            "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

            Comment

            • Pelado
              Bald not naked
              • Sep 2010
              • 21157

              #7
              Used to do at least a couple per year, but I can't handle them anymore.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

              Comment

              • BigFatMeanie
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 7123

                #8
                11 times a year for our monthly product releases (January through November, no release in December). I usually head home around 4:30 or 5:00 am.

                Comment

                • hostile
                  lollygagger
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 5736

                  #9
                  All the time. Could have one tonight.
                  "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                  "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                  Comment

                  • MarkGrace
                    Grooveshark dick tease
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 31546

                    #10
                    I've done one in about 3.5 years at my job. Not interested in doing another.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                    Comment

                    • PaloAltoCougar
                      Semper infra dignitatem
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 16940

                      #11
                      Originally posted by hostile View Post
                      All the time. Could have one tonight.
                      I've commented on this before, but I'm still amazed by surgeons who do all-nighters. I had my arm rebuilt at midnight by an orthopedic surgeon who had been on the job since 6 that morning, and he did a great job. Even in my prime, I was pretty wiped out by the evening, and while I pulled a few allnighters at the big firms, I was far from my best at three in the morning.

                      Comment

                      • old_gregg
                        scaly man fish
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 16915

                        #12
                        Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        I was far from my best at three in the morning.
                        that's about when i hit my stride after a long day of procrastination
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                        Comment

                        • venkman
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 2199

                          #13
                          I've had a couple, but not in years.
                          "Remember to double tap"

                          Comment

                          • San Juan Sun
                            Kicked to the curb
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 9214

                            #14
                            Originally posted by hostile View Post
                            All the time. Could have one tonight.
                            But let's be accurate, you're really talking about having all-day-into-all-night-into-the-next-dayers.
                            "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                            - Ty Cobb

                            Comment

                            • hostile
                              lollygagger
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 5736

                              #15
                              Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                              But let's be accurate, you're really talking about having all-day-into-all-night-into-the-next-dayers.
                              Yes. That is more accurate.
                              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                              "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                              Comment

                              Working...