Monthly Guitar Post: Floyd Rose Bridge

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sleeping in EQ
    Philosopher of Men
    • Nov 2008
    • 4188

    #1

    Monthly Guitar Post: Floyd Rose Bridge

    So I've changed out the strings on my Floyd Rose bridge, but now I'm screwed. I finished the setup with the fine tuning knob on the first string too low, and now I can't tune it up to "E."

    Is it time to take it to a pro? What would you do Shaka? Creek?

    BTW, this bridge has been ridiculously stable. It's my best guitar in terms of staying in tune.
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
  • Shaka
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 10450

    #2
    No.

    Undo the locking nut. Then stretch out your strings by grasping them between your thumb and index finger and twisting your hand. Then tune up to pitch and re-stretch until the strings stay in tune. Then take the fine tuning knob and turn it counter-clockwise until it's in the middle of its range. (Do this for all strings) Now tune your guitar using the tuners on your headstock. Once your guitar is in tune tighten the bolts on the locking nut lightly being careful to use light torque on the bolts. If you over-tighten they strip. Once the locking nut is tight you may be slightly out of tune. Now use the fine tuners to get it perfect and you're done.

    Comment

    • Sleeping in EQ
      Philosopher of Men
      • Nov 2008
      • 4188

      #3
      Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      No.

      Undo the locking nut. Then stretch out your strings by grasping them between your thumb and index finger and twisting your hand. Then tune up to pitch and re-stretch until the strings stay in tune. Then take the fine tuning knob and turn it counter-clockwise until it's in the middle of its range. (Do this for all strings) Now tune your guitar using the tuners on your headstock. Once your guitar is in tune tighten the bolts on the locking nut lightly being careful to use light torque on the bolts. If you over-tighten they strip. Once the locking nut is tight you may be slightly out of tune. Now use the fine tuners to get it perfect and you're done.
      I can do that.

      The next time I'm in your neck of the woods, I owe you lunch.
      We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

      Comment

      • Shaka
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 10450

        #4
        Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
        I can do that.

        The next time I'm in your neck of the woods, I owe you lunch.
        Sweet!

        Comment

        Working...