Is this sleaze or art?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Non Sequitur
    Where did I put my bodkin
    • Nov 2008
    • 5773

    #1

    Is this sleaze or art?



    I have mixed feelings. I know that the issue is about using titillation to sell magazines, but at the same time some of the pictures are pretty cool.
    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane
  • YOhio
    Hipster Mode
    • Nov 2008
    • 26165

    #2
    The only thing I know is that it ain't my kind of sleaze or art.

    Comment

    • Guest

      #3
      I think they are just cool pics. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't get why people make such a big deal out of seeing some skin. I understand where the whole religious/moral thing comes into play, but in the end, it's all just bodies. We all have them. They all have the same main features. What's the big deal?

      Comment

      • jay santos
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 13652

        #4
        Display of athleticism and the human form.

        Comment

        • Non Sequitur
          Where did I put my bodkin
          • Nov 2008
          • 5773

          #5
          Originally posted by AggieIam View Post
          I think they are just cool pics. Nothing more, nothing less.
          As someone who has dabbled in photography, I appreciate the quality of many of those photographs. I thought the kaepernick and Faried photos were fantastic.
          "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

          Comment

          • wuapinmon
            Soul Plumber
            • Dec 2008
            • 30711

            #6
            Greek statues are basically the same thing. We call them art, high art. These are not meant to be erotic.
            "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
            The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

            Comment

            • Clark Addison
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 10312

              #7
              They're a tease. Move your arms!!!

              Comment

              • Guest

                #8
                Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                Greek statues are basically the same thing. We call them art, high art. These are not meant to be erotic.
                I bet many a Mormon would consider them porn.

                I agree, I highly doubt espn's point was exotic in nature.

                Comment

                Working...