The Five Most Stressful Places to Live in the U.S.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sleeping in EQ
    Philosopher of Men
    • Nov 2008
    • 4188

    #1

    The Five Most Stressful Places to Live in the U.S.



    Utah is #4.
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
  • SCcoug
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 7625

    #2
    Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
    Utah has been in the top 5 including a couple of #1 each of the last several years.

    Comment

    • Indy Coug
      Heartless Bastard
      • Dec 2008
      • 18747

      #3
      I'm a lot less stressed now that I don't have to make ends meet on a Utah salary.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

      Comment

      • Sleeping in EQ
        Philosopher of Men
        • Nov 2008
        • 4188

        #4
        Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
        Utah has been in the top 5 including a couple of #1 each of the last several years.
        Yes, I read that too.
        We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69723

          #5
          And yet....

          Utah is ranked by this study as having the top quality of life:

          http://www.forbes.com/2009/03/11/uni...hy-living.html

          Utah earned the highest marks. Here residents reported a high level of satisfaction in several areas, including work environment, emotional health and their local communities.
          Go figure.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Coach McGuirk
            1
            • Nov 2008
            • 12109

            #6
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            And yet....

            Utah is ranked by this study as having the top quality of life:

            http://www.forbes.com/2009/03/11/uni...hy-living.html



            Go figure.
            I think they are calling the wrong people. Stressed out most of the day? In utah? why?

            Comment

            • Indy Coug
              Heartless Bastard
              • Dec 2008
              • 18747

              #7
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              And yet....

              Utah is ranked by this study as having the top quality of life:

              http://www.forbes.com/2009/03/11/uni...hy-living.html




              Go figure.
              A lot of people don't feel complete without having/creating a lot of stress in their lives.
              Everything in life is an approximation.

              http://twitter.com/CougarStats

              Comment

              • Uncle Ted
                The Big 12 money shot.
                • Apr 2010
                • 28853

                #8
                When I lived in Utah I was always stressed out... school, running a business, and all those mormon neighbors watching me. I feel much more in piece in Texas even when there are five presidents in town and black helicopters are flying around everywhere.

                Edit: By the way, when was that North Korean missile launch going down again?
                Last edited by Uncle Ted; 04-25-2013, 07:59 AM.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • Indy Coug
                  Heartless Bastard
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 18747

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  When I lived in Utah I was always stressed out... school, running a business, and all those mormon neighbors watching me. I feel much more in piece in Texas even when there are five presidents in town and black helicopters are flying around everywhere.
                  I've moved around a lot over the years. The least stressful place I've lived in was Colorado. I loved that place.
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

                  http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                  Comment

                  • Uncle Ted
                    The Big 12 money shot.
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 28853

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                    I've moved around a lot over the years. The least stressful place I've lived in was Colorado. I loved that place.
                    I can see how Colorado can be a stress free place to live... Even more so today.

                    potheads_denver.jpg
                    Last edited by Uncle Ted; 04-25-2013, 08:19 AM.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • Uncle Ted
                      The Big 12 money shot.
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 28853

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      And yet....

                      Utah is ranked by this study as having the top quality of life:

                      http://www.forbes.com/2009/03/11/uni...hy-living.html



                      Go figure.
                      It is interesting that Gallup and Healthways did both of these surveys. The Dude's data is from 2009, however, so Utahns have flipped to become completely stressed out recently. Get out while you can, Dude.
                      Last edited by Uncle Ted; 04-25-2013, 08:20 AM.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • Surfah
                        Where's Wallace?
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 33726

                        #12
                        I miss Utah. As a freshman in Provo I hated it and went back to California as often as I could. But by the time I finished school and began working I hated to leave. I'd move back without hesitation if I could keep my job and salary.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • BigPiney
                          Huge Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 12368

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          I miss Utah. As a freshman in Provo I hated it and went back to California as often as I could. But by the time I finished school and began working I hated to leave. I'd move back without hesitation if I could keep my job and salary.
                          Ahh, one of those guys. I hope you didn't fail to mention in every other sentence that SoCal was so much better than Utah. That will really endear you to everyone else.

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69723

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            It is interesting that Gallup and Healthways did both of these surveys. The Dude's data is from 2009, however, so Utahns have flipped to become completely stressed out recently. Get out while you can, Dude.
                            I have never been happier!
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • RC Vikings
                              Known Heterosexual
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 8789

                              #15
                              Any list that does not have New York at the top of the list is bogus. Every client I have from Buffalo to New York City is a stressed out mess.

                              Comment

                              Working...