The Funny Drunk Guy Phenomenon

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RockyBalboa
    Banned
    • Nov 2008
    • 2127

    #1

    The Funny Drunk Guy Phenomenon

    I don't care if someone drinks. Heck I don't care if someone drinks to excess, so long as they don't get behind the wheel of a car afterwards.

    At a party we all had to endure the "Funny Drunk Guy"...he thought he was hilarious...but in reality he just annoyed the hell out of everyone in our party group.

    We all know who this guy is...the one who gets completely shit-faced and thinks he's sooooooooo funny. The more he drinks, the more drunk he gets, the louder and more obnoxious he gets and makes a complete ass out of himself...and then gets egged on by others who think he's "So funny".

    Whether it's at a party, a business function, a club, you name it....and maybe it's just me,,,but I've never found "Drunk Funny Guy" that funny.

    Unless your Colonel Potter. He was a very funny drunk.
  • il Padrino Ute
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 19161

    #2
    Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
    I don't care if someone drinks. Heck I don't care if someone drinks to excess, so long as they don't get behind the wheel of a car afterwards.

    At a party we all had to endure the "Funny Drunk Guy"...he thought he was hilarious...but in reality he just annoyed the hell out of everyone in our party group.

    We all know who this guy is...the one who gets completely shit-faced and thinks he's sooooooooo funny. The more he drinks, the more drunk he gets, the louder and more obnoxious he gets and makes a complete ass out of himself...and then gets egged on by others who think he's "So funny".

    Whether it's at a party, a business function, a club, you name it....and maybe it's just me,,,but I've never found "Drunk Funny Guy" that funny.

    Unless your Colonel Potter. He was a very funny drunk.
    The "Drunk Funny Guy" is a lot of fun to mock, especially if he remembers the next day that was being mocked.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

    Comment

    • woot
      Resident Science Cop
      • Nov 2008
      • 5531

      #3
      I'm afraid that I sort of am that guy. I'm usually relatively reserved, so people find it hilarious when I get drunk. this is why I so rarely get drunk and do so only at occasions when everybody else is getting at least as drunk as me.

      Comment

      • RockyBalboa
        Banned
        • Nov 2008
        • 2127

        #4
        Originally posted by woot View Post
        I'm afraid that I sort of am that guy. I'm usually relatively reserved, so people find it hilarious when I get drunk. this is why I so rarely get drunk and do so only at occasions when everybody else is getting at least as drunk as me.
        While being drunk how would you have any clue that everybody else is "at least as drunk as you?"

        Comment

        • woot
          Resident Science Cop
          • Nov 2008
          • 5531

          #5
          Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
          While being drunk how would you have any clue that everybody else is "at least as drunk as you?"
          I tend to know the people I drink with really well so it's usually pretty obvious. Then again, my judgment while drunk isn't something I would trust too highly.

          Comment

          • Non Sequitur
            Where did I put my bodkin
            • Nov 2008
            • 5773

            #6
            Some people are genuinely more funny when they are drunk. But it's usually the people who aren't funny at all when they're sober. Especially women. Most women aren't especially funny. Unlike men, they don't feel the compulsion to be funny, to entertain. But get them a little juiced and some of them are pretty damn funny.
            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

            Comment

            Working...