Occupy Chick-Fil-A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Perhaps I'm easily impressed, but this Popeye's chicken sandwich thing is a stroke of marketing genius. Claim it's better than the most popular product out there, have a few social media influencers try the sandwich and back up the claim, and boom. Instant lines out the door. Apparently the drive thru at the Popeye's nearest my house had a line 30 cars deep yesterday, and the cars were spilling out into the main roadway blocking traffic. A quick google search reveals that this was happening all over the place, and the sandwich is now sold out in many places.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...h-in-cleveland
    Uh... that looks delicious.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Perhaps I'm easily impressed, but this Popeye's chicken sandwich thing is a stroke of marketing genius. Claim it's better than the most popular product out there, have a few social media influencers try the sandwich and back up the claim, and boom. Instant lines out the door. Apparently the drive thru at the Popeye's nearest my house had a line 30 cars deep yesterday, and the cars were spilling out into the main roadway blocking traffic. A quick google search reveals that this was happening all over the place, and the sandwich is now sold out in many places.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...h-in-cleveland
      It does seem like some marketing genius. I find myself wanting to try one as well - just to see the difference.

FTR - my son works at CFA. They had a management meeting yesterday afternoon where he and some of the other managers met with the owner. She (the owner) told them that she's tried the Popeye's sandwich and she thinks it's better than CFA too.

Comment

I love Popeyes. And I tried to get the sandwich on Saturday, but they were out of buns.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

It is a really good sandwich and I like it better than CFA. However, the popeyes version would be even better with CFA sauce.

Comment

I just had it today. Its really good. Its not worth waiting hours for but it is as good as Chick-fil-a. Maybe even better in some ways. Its a legit option if I am looking for a fried chicken sandwich, which I definitely crave from time to time.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

CFA is coming to our town next year. The nearest Popeye's is a hundred miles away. I'll be swallowing my social justice until Popeye's comes to town.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

FYI: those CFA breakfast biscuits are awesome.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  FYI: those CFA breakfast biscuits are awesome.
                  Agree! I like them better than the normal sandwiches. One time the drive through made an error and gave me the bite size sliders. Absolutely dreadful. As good as the chicken sandwich is, the sliders are equivalently bad.

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                    It is a really good sandwich and I like it better than CFA. However, the popeyes version would be even better with CFA sauce.
                    Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                    I just had it today. Its really good. Its not worth waiting hours for but it is as good as Chick-fil-a. Maybe even better in some ways. Its a legit option if I am looking for a fried chicken sandwich, which I definitely crave from time to time.
                    Can you guys elaborate in what ways you think the Popeye sandwich is better than CFA? Is it something particular about the flavor? Something about the bun or condiments? Something about the way it's cooked?

Just curious...

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                      Can you guys elaborate in what ways you think the Popeye sandwich is better than CFA? Is it something particular about the flavor? Something about the bun or condiments? Something about the way it's cooked?

Just curious...

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

Just curious...
                        Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

Just curious...
                        Posting it twice, you seem more than just curious. Maybe even a little desperate.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          Posting it twice, you seem more than just curious. Maybe even a little desperate.
                          mgtk4.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            Agree! I like them better than the normal sandwiches. One time the drive through made an error and gave me the bite size sliders. Absolutely dreadful. As good as the chicken sandwich is, the sliders are equivalently bad.
                            Agreed on all counts.
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Occupy Chick-Fil-A

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              Oops supposed to be a response to big fat meanie

The chicken breast is bigger and crispier. Chick-fil-A has more options on the sauce which may make it superior based on what you are in the mood for, but the spicy sauce they put on the Popeyes sandwich I had was very good.

If it is just the chicken sandwich with no sauce, I think the Popeyes (at least from the location I went to) is better. Now can they keep it consistent across the franchise? That is the big question for me. My experience with Popeyes prior to the chicken sandwich, is that there is variability in quality and execution between locations. Consistency has been a problem based on my Popeyes experience.

You can trust a Chick-fil-A anywhere and it is delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Oops supposed to be a response to big fat meanie

The chicken breast is bigger and crispier. Chick-fil-A has more options on the sauce which may make it superior based on what you are in the mood for, but the spicy sauce they put on the Popeyes sandwich I had was very good.

If it is just the chicken sandwich with no sauce, I think the Popeyes (at least from the location I went to) is better. Now can they keep it consistent across the franchise? That is the big question for me. My experience with Popeyes prior to the chicken sandwich, is that there is variability in quality and execution between locations. Consistency has been a problem based on my Popeyes experience.

You can trust a Chick-fil-A anywhere and it is delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Yep, you hit it on the head for me as well. Bigger and crispier chicken (which some may not prefer more crispy). Also, I did like the brioche bun a lot as well. The pickles are bigger and thicker, but I always take the pickles off and eat them by themselves whether at CFA or Popeyes. CFA sauce is one of the better condiments around, IMO. When I get a chicken sandwich hankering I think my go to will be a popeyes chicken sandwich with CFA sauce (we always have extra CFA sauce around as my wife hoards the stuff).

Comment

Working...
                                X