Dear Abby: My wife and I came from the same sperm donor.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Color Me Badd Fan
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 12519

    #1

    Dear Abby: My wife and I came from the same sperm donor.

    Emily Yoffe, aka Dear Prudence, is on Washingtonpost.com weekly to chat live with readers. An edited transcript of the chat is below. (Sign up here to...


    Holy cow.

    Related -- I read some article a couple years ago where some dude that had donated sperm discovered that it was used to conceive several dozen children (no he wasn't the doctor doing the conceiving).
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”
  • Color Me Badd Fan
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 12519

    #2
    The money quote:

    On the one hand, I love my wife more than I can say, and logically, done is done, we already have children. I have had a vasectomy, so we won't be having any more, so perhaps there is no harm in continuing as we are. But, I can't help but think "This is my sister" every time I look at her now.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

    Comment

    • MarkGrace
      Grooveshark dick tease
      • Dec 2008
      • 31546

      #3
      Wow.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

      Comment

      • Color Me Badd Fan
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 12519

        #4
        Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
        Wow.
        I genuinely feel bad for this guy. I think the advice columnist gave him some good advice -- he must disclose it to his wife but they must keep it from their children. This feeling the guy has won't go away and the wife will sense something severely off and so he needs to come clean and let her know what it is before she suspects something else.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

        Comment

        • il Padrino Ute
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 19161

          #5
          Without visiting the linked story, it sounds like Dear Abby and Penthouse Forum have become one in the same.
          "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


          "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

          Comment

          • MarkGrace
            Grooveshark dick tease
            • Dec 2008
            • 31546

            #6
            Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
            Without visiting the linked story, it sounds like Dear Abby and Penthouse Forum have become one in the same.
            If you read the story it won't seem like that at all. It's fairly interesting question/scenario about the potentials of reproductive technology.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

            Comment

            • PaloAltoCougar
              Semper infra dignitatem
              • Nov 2008
              • 16938

              #7
              Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
              The money quote:
              I snorted at the first sentence of the response: "This is a seminal question about the nature of assisted reproduction." Very interesting issue.

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #8
                Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                I snorted at the first sentence of the response: "This is a seminal question about the nature of assisted reproduction." Very interesting issue.
                You dirty man!

                I hadn't even thought of that.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                • kccougar
                  9262
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7020

                  #9
                  Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  You dirty man!

                  I hadn't even thought of that.
                  You may not have, but I'm pretty sure Abby did.
                  "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                  Comment

                  • Paperback Writer
                    Signature won a Pulitzer
                    • Nov 2010
                    • 5211

                    #10
                    There is a 2003 British science fiction film starring Tim Robbins called Code 46. Part of the plot is that Robbins' character has an affair with someone whom he later finds out is a biological clone of his mother - specifically, both his lover and mother were cloned from the same person.
                    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #11
                      Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                      You may not have, but I'm pretty sure Abby did.
                      Yeah, seems intentional. Just flew by me the first time.
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • All-American
                        Right, as Usual
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 15666

                        #12
                        Reminds me of a story I read once where the guy killed his dad and married his mom. It was eye-popping.
                        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                        Comment

                        • Color Me Badd Fan
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 12519

                          #13
                          Originally posted by All-American View Post
                          Reminds me of a story I read once where the guy killed his dad and married his mom. It was eye-popping.
                          And then there's this guy:

                          We know that part of the appeal of Ivy League schools is the incestuous nature of the high-end job market. People like to hire their own, and if successful Ivy League graduates prefer to work with or mentor fellow Ivy League alums, then the whole Ivy system becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. See, it’s fun to […]


                          Molestation of one's own children is just about the worst thing. People who do that were willing to cross two boundaries, at least one of which is a strong biological disinclination ingrained in almost everyone (seriously, how often do you hear about siblings getting it on? Pretty much never. People just don't do this).

                          What's different here, is that this guy's daughter was 24 years old and it was consensual. EWWWWW
                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                          Comment

                          • Pheidippides
                            Liberal Feminazi
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 14759

                            #14
                            Dear Abby: My wife and I came from the same sperm donor.

                            Originally posted by All-American View Post
                            Reminds me of a story I read once where the guy killed his dad and married his mom. It was eye-popping.
                            Lol.
                            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                            Comment

                            • snowcat
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 1348

                              #15
                              Originally posted by All-American View Post
                              Reminds me of a story I read once where the guy killed his dad and married his mom. It was eye-popping.
                              One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

                              Woot

                              I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                              SU

                              Comment

                              Working...