The Maps and Geography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    I was thinking Dakota looked pretty good until I got to Lust.
    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Where in the US do you find the houses with the most bedrooms? The map below is probably not as big a surprise to folks here as it would be most places:

Comment

• This map is bunk. Utah should clearly be, "moisture."

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6457252.html

LOL @ Colorado...

Science Proves Gluten Sensitivity Isn’t Real, People Are Just Whiners

That may be a snarky way of saying it, but it’s true in some cases. Scientific studies have concluded that sensitivity to gluten for people who do not have Celiac disease may be completely psychological.
          [...]
          http://www.buzzworthy.com/science-pr...-just-whiners/
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Hawaiian food is disproportionately popular in Utah?? Disproportionate to what?
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Hawaiian food is disproportionately popular in Utah?? Disproportionate to what?
              I see that Hawaiian food is popular in Hawaii.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Hawaiian food is disproportionately popular in Utah?? Disproportionate to what?
                Utah

Hawaiian -- 241 percent higher than national average.
                Hot dogs -- 54 percent higher than national average.
                Mexican -- 50 percent higher than national average.
                Comfort food -- 41 percent higher than national average.
                Burgers -- 38 percent higher than national average.
                Hmm... so you all like hawaiian and hot dogs. Weenie Poke?
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  And Tex-Mex is popular in Oklahoma occupied North Texas.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something. Where are people going to eat Hawaiian food here?? There is one place in Provo that was there when I was in school. Is that still there?

sigpic

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something. Where are people going to eat Hawaiian food here?? There is one place in Provo that was there when I was in school. Is that still there?
                      I can think of three.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I can think of three.
                        Bamboo Hut. Sweets. L&L?

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                          Bamboo Hut. Sweets. L&L?
                          Yep.

Comment

• So three merits being disproportionately popular?? I'm not seeing it, at least in the time I've been here. Unless Hawaiian food is extremely unpopular everywhere else, with extremely unpopular being defined as non existent.

sigpic

Comment

So three merits being disproportionately popular?? I'm not seeing it, at least in the time I've been here. Unless Hawaiian food is extremely unpopular everywhere else, with extremely unpopular being defined as non existent.
                              Hey, I was just making an observation, not defending the map. But I think you might be right about the explanation. Maybe everything else in Utah is roughly average popularity.

I am still laughing about Colorado. Dunces.

Comment

• Don't forget Hawaiian haystacks!

Comment

Working...
                                X