What is your ringtone?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 38003

    #1

    What is your ringtone?

    I got a new phone recently and I'm struggling to find a good ringtone. Personally, I'm not a fan of most of the random song ringtones most phones come with. For years I've kept the blackberry "old phone" ringtone, even when I left blackberry. Now I think I'd like something different.

    What does everyone else use?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
  • Pelado
    Bald not naked
    • Sep 2010
    • 21157

    #2
    Originally posted by falafel View Post
    I got a new phone recently and I'm struggling to find a good ringtone. Personally, I'm not a fan of most of the random song ringtones most phones come with. For years I've kept the blackberry "old phone" ringtone, even when I left blackberry. Now I think I'd like something different.

    What does everyone else use?
    Vibrate.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

    Comment

    • old_gregg
      scaly man fish
      • Nov 2009
      • 16915

      #3
      marimba
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

      Comment

      • smokymountainrain
        Impressive Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22593

        #4
        Vibrate
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 38003

          #5
          For those of you that say "vibrate," what ringtone plays when its not on silent? That's got to happen once in a while.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • USUC
            Chronic Poseur
            • Apr 2010
            • 8806

            #6
            Originally posted by falafel View Post
            For those of you that say "vibrate," what ringtone plays when its not on silent? That's got to happen once in a while.
            My phone is glued to me most of the time so i rarely need anything more than vibrate. But in those occasions i downloaded a ringtone of a phone ringing. I think most ringtones scream "hey look at me." I don't like attention especially when I'm answering a phone call.

            Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

            Comment

            • Non Sequitur
              Where did I put my bodkin
              • Nov 2008
              • 5773

              #7
              I have a lot of different rings tones for different people. People I don't like get either the the theme from the Exorcist or the theme from Halloween. Family members get the Godfather theme. People I like get Whole Lotta Love. My default is Black Dog.
              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 38003

                #8
                Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                My phone is glued to me most of the time so i rarely need anything more than vibrate. But in those occasions i downloaded a ringtone of a phone ringing. I think most ringtones scream "hey look at me." I don't like attention especially when I'm answering a phone call.

                Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
                I usually take my phone out of my pocket when I get to work or get home, so I need something I can hear if I'm in the other room. I usually miss the vibration if its not in my pocket.

                I'm considering using this as my ringtone:

                [YOUTUBE]S32X5-eKVp4[/YOUTUBE]
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • USUC
                  Chronic Poseur
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 8806

                  #9
                  Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  I usually take my phone out of my pocket when I get to work or get home, so I need something I can hear if I'm in the other room. I usually miss the vibration if its not in my pocket.

                  I'm considering using this as my ringtone:

                  [YOUTUBE]S32X5-eKVp4[/YOUTUBE]
                  For me the time i miss calls on vibrate is when I'm walking with it in my pocket.

                  Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

                  Comment

                  • LA Ute
                    Receiver of Memory
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19512

                    #10
                    The most famous excerpt - "Spring" - in Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons."

                    My wife and my kids each have their own ringtone.

                    [YOUTUBE]-4kTei0XrCs[/YOUTUBE]
                    Last edited by LA Ute; 12-28-2012, 06:30 PM.
                    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                    ― W.H. Auden


                    "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                    Comment

                    • ERCougar
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 10978

                      #11
                      "Fog On the Water"
                      I think it was the default one when I got my phone, but it's pretty unobtrusive so I just left it on.
                      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                      Comment

                      • Pelado
                        Bald not naked
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 21157

                        #12
                        Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        For those of you that say "vibrate," what ringtone plays when its not on silent? That's got to happen once in a while.
                        Timba
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

                        Comment

                        • Clark Addison
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 10316

                          #13
                          The first 10 seconds of this:

                          [YOUTUBE]4op1esLn4mc[/YOUTUBE]

                          Comment

                          • doctorcoug
                            To Win is to Honor Him
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 2273

                            #14
                            [YOUTUBE]U94b0QDqEhg[/YOUTUBE]

                            via a galaxy s3 far far away
                            "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

                            "So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

                            Comment

                            • Jeff Lebowski
                              Corporate lackey for Jesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 69752

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                              I have a lot of different rings tones for different people. People I don't like get either the the theme from the Exorcist or the theme from Halloween. Family members get the Godfather theme. People I like get Whole Lotta Love. My default is Black Dog.
                              Nice.

                              I had Rock and Roll by LZ for a long time. Now I am going with Authority by John Mellencamp.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                              Comment

                              Working...