Jimmy's John.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HauteCoug
    Wants a Silver Fox
    • Oct 2011
    • 899

    #1

    Jimmy's John.



    "so what do we do about that giant double scoop ice cream cone?"

    "paint it black. duh."

    "you don't think anyone will notice?"

    "makes more sense than anything else."

    as seen in downtown SLC.

    {photo credit to Viking}
    what I am is what I am and I does what I does.
  • Donuthole
    Official Outgayer
    • Nov 2008
    • 25267

    #2
    You need to travel north to Farr's Better Ice Cream and try their black licorice flavor before you express such hatred.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37983

      #3
      Is that an old Snelgrove's location?

      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • DU Ute
        RIP CUF
        • Dec 2008
        • 7393

        #4
        Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Is that an old Snelgrove's location?

        Yes. It's been a few other things since then, all much better than a Jimmy Johns
        "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
        "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
        "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

        Comment

        • Portland Ute
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 5647

          #5
          Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Is that an old Snelgrove's location?

          *sad trombone*

          Comment

          • Lost Student
            BAND!
            • Nov 2008
            • 4324

            #6
            Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            You need to travel north to Farr's Better Ice Cream and try their black licorice flavor before you express such hatred.
            Coincidentally, I had a scoop of Farr's black licorice ice cream just last weekend. It wasn't bad. It was also a square scoop, which may have made it taste a little better.
            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

            Comment

            • Donuthole
              Official Outgayer
              • Nov 2008
              • 25267

              #7
              Originally posted by Lost_Student View Post
              Coincidentally, I had a scoop of Farr's black licorice ice cream just last weekend. It wasn't bad. It was also a square scoop, which may have made it taste a little better.
              I appreciate the black licorice ice cream, but I adore the grape ambrosia.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

              There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

              Comment

              • wuapinmon
                Soul Plumber
                • Dec 2008
                • 30711

                #8
                Oddly phallic that way.
                "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                Comment

                • Katy Lied
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 9435

                  #9
                  My coworker seems to think that the city required them to keep it as a landmark, but they could decorate it how they wanted.

                  You have to pass all sorts of design review criteria to open a business.

                  Comment

                  • wuapinmon
                    Soul Plumber
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 30711

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                    My coworker seems to think that the city required them to keep it as a landmark, but they could decorate it how they wanted.

                    You have to pass all sorts of design review criteria to open a business.
                    I wonder why they didn't just open an ice cream bar inside....seems like a natural fit. That chain loves puns; I'm sure they could've come up with some pithy flavor names.
                    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                      My coworker seems to think that the city required them to keep it as a landmark, but they could decorate it how they wanted.
                      That sounds pretty consistent with how other local and national municipalities treat landmarks. "Do whatever you want to them."
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • TalkyTina
                        Killer doll
                        • May 2012
                        • 202

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Lost_Student View Post
                        Coincidentally, I had a scoop of Farr's black licorice ice cream just last weekend. It wasn't bad. It was also a square scoop, which may have made it taste a little better.
                        Black licorice ice cream sounds repugnant. Does it really taste like black licorice?

                        Comment

                        • Donuthole
                          Official Outgayer
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 25267

                          #13
                          Originally posted by TalkyTina View Post
                          Black licorice ice cream sounds repugnant. Does it really taste like black licorice?
                          Yes. The creamiest black licorice you've ever had.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                          Comment

                          • Blueintheface
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 15382

                            #14
                            Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            Oddly phallic that way.
                            Ahem...*la obsesión del plátano*... phew....excuse me.
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                            "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                            Comment

                            • marsupial
                              Mississippi Queen
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 3678

                              #15
                              I love black licorice. I love ice cream. How could I have lived so long without trying this fabulous combination. Where can I get some?
                              What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                              -Teenage Dirtbag

                              Comment

                              Working...