RIP SRC

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smokymountainrain
    Impressive Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22593

    #1

    RIP SRC

    He seemed like a guy who might live forever.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk
  • lambdacoug
    Junior Member
    • Oct 2011
    • 3981

    #2
    Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    He seemed like a guy who might live forever.
    My dad sent me his book while I was on my mission. It was a great book for me at the time and really helped me throughout my mission. I should go reread it as a refresher.
    Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
    - Howard Aiken

    Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
    - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

    Comment

    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
      Time to camp
      • Nov 2008
      • 26082

      #3
      Who?
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

      Comment

      • lambdacoug
        Junior Member
        • Oct 2011
        • 3981

        #4
        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        Who?
        Steven Covey
        Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
        - Howard Aiken

        Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
        - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #5
          When is it appropriate to start making 7 Habits-related jokes? How much time has to pass?
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • FMCoug
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 6825

            #6
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            When is it appropriate to start making 7 Habits-related jokes? How much time has to pass?
            Like wondering if the coffin-maker has sharpened his saw or something like that?

            Seriously though, 7 Habits was pretty good but the book he wrote that impacted me the most that I read on my mission was "The Divine Center".
            "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

            Comment

            • Dwight Schr-ute
              Members Only
              • May 2011
              • 4917

              #7
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              When is it appropriate to start making 7 Habits-related jokes? How much time has to pass?
              For anyone that has had to sit through any of his little video clips, 10 minutes ago. Everyone knows, because of Mr. Covey's insight, the coffin is now placed in the grave first and THEN followed by the dirt.
              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #8
                Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                Like wondering if the coffin-maker has sharpened his saw or something like that?

                Seriously though, 7 Habits was pretty good but the book he wrote that impacted me the most that I read on my mission was "The Divine Center".
                Yeah. Most of them would center around the dead body and sharpening of the saw.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • Green Monstah
                  Royal Rooter
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 13981

                  #9
                  Wow. I didn't realize he was almost 80. He looked younger to me for some reason.

                  Good for him for riding a bike at age 79.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                  "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                  Comment

                  • CJF
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 8497

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    Wow. I didn't realize he was almost 80. He looked younger to me for some reason.

                    Good for him for riding a bike at age 79.
                    Yeah, that really worked out well for him.
                    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                    Comment

                    • Green Monstah
                      Royal Rooter
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 13981

                      #11
                      Originally posted by CJF View Post
                      Yeah, that really worked out well for him.
                      Meh. If I were to die at age 80 from a biking accident, I'd want it to be an instant death, but all in all, I'd say he did everything he wanted to do in his lifetime. Inspire millions? Check. Make a lot of money and raise a good family? Check, check.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                      "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                      Comment

                      • RC Vikings
                        Known Heterosexual
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 8789

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                        Wow. I didn't realize he was almost 80. He looked younger to me for some reason.

                        Good for him for riding a bike at age 79.
                        Originally posted by CJF View Post
                        Yeah, that really worked out well for him.
                        Without the bike he may have died of a heart attack at age 75 so I figure he got four more years out of it.

                        Comment

                        • CJF
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 8497

                          #13
                          Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                          Without the bike he may have died of a heart attack at age 75 so I figure he got four more years out of it.
                          Or he could have lived to 100.
                          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                          Comment

                          • Green Monstah
                            Royal Rooter
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 13981

                            #14
                            Originally posted by CJF View Post
                            Or he could have lived to 100.
                            He was going to die either way. Live life to the fullest.

                            And honestly, nothing sounds worse to me than living to 100. If I ever get so old that I can't control my bowels or wipe my own ass, I'm going to go on a killer vacation with my family, buy a sports car, find a cliff, and get my first (and last) flying lesson.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                            "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                            Comment

                            • FMCoug
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 6825

                              #15
                              Originally posted by CJF View Post
                              Or he could have lived wasted away to 100.
                              FIFY.
                              "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                              Comment

                              Working...