No announcement yet.

Bigfoot: I want to believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, things are heating up in Florida. Supposedly there's been some Skunk Ape activity down there that is getting some government interference. To be honest, I haven't been watching it too closely, but some of the more reasonable minds in the bigfoot community seem extremely interested in this. There's two guys down there. One is Tim Fasano, who I think is a complete moron. So I really don't give much credence to anything he's involved in. The other is Stacy Brown, who I'm not as familiar with, but who seems to be very well-respected in the bigfoot community. He and his father (Stacy Brown Sr.) allegedly filmed on FLIR (it's a pretty decent night imaging set-up) a bigfoot last year. Of course, like most bigfoot images, it's a blobsquatch. But Cliff Barackman (the other guy on Finding Bigfoot) did a compelling breakdown on the video on his website. I thought I'd link it here, because it's one of the most rational breakdowns of a bigfoot video I've seen:

The Brown Footage

I think Fasano and Brown are organizing a large-scale skunk ape hunt this weekend, on the heels of multiple reports. I'll let you guys know if they come up with anythinng interesting.
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
      ... some of the more reasonable minds in the bigfoot community ...
      Love it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
        Love it!
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• April 30, Canadian International Documentary Festival, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

A British documentary film company, Minnow Films, is releasing a film called "Shooting Bigfoot" on this day. There has been a lot of speculation about this film, and Minnow Films is being pretty tight-lipped about it. Initially, it appeared to be focused on showing the lunacy of bigfoot hunters, and they've acknowledged some of the better known bigfoot hunters, including Rick Dyer and Tom Biscardi appear in it. However, it sounds like the filming took an unexpected turn as far as the filmmakers are concerned, when (allegedly) they actually encountered a bigfoot, and Rick Dyer shot and killed it. The producer/director, award-winning documentary filmmaker Morgan Matthews, was allegedly attacked by the bigfoot before Rick shot it. Supposedly, the film ends with clear footage of the shooting, and then ends with Matthews on an airplane talking briefly into the camera, displaying an injured face. There is apparently a follow up movie planned.

Robert Lindsay, one of the outspoken bigfoot bloggers (he also seems to be a racist communist according to his blog posts), has for a while maintained that although he hates Rick Dyer with a passion, and believes him to be a narcissist sociopath and serial hoaxer, he has received independent confirmation that Rick found himself a bigfoot and shot it. The body of Hank the bigfoot has allegedly been in a facility in Las Vegas for the past number of months. The thing with Robert Lindsay is that much more often than not, my experience is that he has had good information. He was also the one that broke the Sierra Kills story, and he has been very accurate regarding Dr. Melba Ketchum. He unabashedly hates Dyer, hates Melba Ketchu, and hates Matt Moneymaker (Bobo has his respect though), but he insists as much as he'd like Rick to be shown to be the prick hoaxer that he has been in the past, he says he's 100% certain that Rick reallly killed a bigfoot, and the body has been in Las Vegas.

The other day, he linked to this Ammoland.com report, which says that at the time Shooting Bigfoot is released, Minnow Films is also going to release the body to the public.

So hopefully, on April 30, this story will either be laid to rest as yet another hoax, or it will be confirmed.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• Anybody want to make book on hoax vs true?
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
              Anybody want to make book on hoax vs true?
              As usual, I will take all comers. 2:1 odds.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Only 2:1? Heck go for 10:1. What's the difference?
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

April 30, Canadian International Documentary Festival, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

A British documentary film company, Minnow Films, is releasing a film called "Shooting Bigfoot" on this day. There has been a lot of speculation about this film, and Minnow Films is being pretty tight-lipped about it. Initially, it appeared to be focused on showing the lunacy of bigfoot hunters, and they've acknowledged some of the better known bigfoot hunters, including Rick Dyer and Tom Biscardi appear in it. However, it sounds like the filming took an unexpected turn as far as the filmmakers are concerned, when (allegedly) they actually encountered a bigfoot, and Rick Dyer shot and killed it. The producer/director, award-winning documentary filmmaker Morgan Matthews, was allegedly attacked by the bigfoot before Rick shot it. Supposedly, the film ends with clear footage of the shooting, and then ends with Matthews on an airplane talking briefly into the camera, displaying an injured face. There is apparently a follow up movie planned.

Robert Lindsay, one of the outspoken bigfoot bloggers (he also seems to be a racist communist according to his blog posts), has for a while maintained that although he hates Rick Dyer with a passion, and believes him to be a narcissist sociopath and serial hoaxer, he has received independent confirmation that Rick found himself a bigfoot and shot it. The body of Hank the bigfoot has allegedly been in a facility in Las Vegas for the past number of months. The thing with Robert Lindsay is that much more often than not, my experience is that he has had good information. He was also the one that broke the Sierra Kills story, and he has been very accurate regarding Dr. Melba Ketchum. He unabashedly hates Dyer, hates Melba Ketchu, and hates Matt Moneymaker (Bobo has his respect though), but he insists as much as he'd like Rick to be shown to be the prick hoaxer that he has been in the past, he says he's 100% certain that Rick reallly killed a bigfoot, and the body has been in Las Vegas.

The other day, he linked to this Ammoland.com report, which says that at the time Shooting Bigfoot is released, Minnow Films is also going to release the body to the public.

So hopefully, on April 30, this story will either be laid to rest as yet another hoax, or it will be confirmed.
                  The anticipation is killing me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    As per our previous agreement I sent you $50. When this is settled, I'm expecting a public notice that you donated $100 in my name to the upkeep of cougarstadium.com
                    Last edited by clackamascoug; 04-23-2013, 09:02 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Small update: According to this press release, Hank is going to be made available for viewing by the public sometime this summer.

It looks like the press release is by "Bigfoot Tracker" which I believe is Rick Dyer's website.

Comment

• Like all good scientific discoveries, bigfoot will be unveiled in a feature film. Can't wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by woot View Post
                          Like all good scientific discoveries, bigfoot will be unveiled in a feature film. Can't wait.
                          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497116/

Comment

• All right, tonight's the night. The film will be premiered tonight, and the Facebook Finding Bigfoot guys will be there, so there should be some update on what it actually shows. It'll be interesting how ambiguous they keep the ending. Sounds like the filmmakers have a long-term plan for this.

Comment

Sounds like the filmmakers have a long-term plan for this.
                              Plan: Make as much money as possible until we have to reveal the truth.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Just a reminder about my 2:1 odds. The book is still open.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X