Cutting the cord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    We moved my MIL into a retirement place closer to our home this past weekend. She's not happy that she can't get the Turner Classic Movie channel at her new place. I guess that channel was just moved to the premium sports package with Comcast.

Since her new place has xfinity throughout the facility, is there any way to upgrade her service? Anyone know? I'm guessing it's something the whole facility would have to upgrade to.
    TMC is on the sports package?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

TMC is on the sports package?
      Wierd, huh? I haven't paid Comcast money for years, so I'm not altogether sure about their add ons, but it sounded like they had to move it into a premium add on that is probalby mostly for sports.

Comment

• YouTubeTV heading to $72.99 a month starting in April.

Cutting the cord continues to get more and more expensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
          YouTubeTV heading to $72.99 a month starting in April.

The email announcing this said "After nearly 3 years, we’re adjusting our monthly price from $64.99/month to $72.99/month." But I have been a customer for less than 2.5 years and I am 99% sure it isn't my first increase.

Comment

YouTubeTV heading to $72.99 a month starting in April.

I’d still never go back to satellite or cable even if it was all the same price.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I’d still never go back to satellite or cable even if it was all the same price.
              I agree. I love YTTV. The secret that I won't tell them is that if they raised it to $100 I would still keep it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                I agree. I love YTTV. The secret that I won't tell them is that if they raised it to $100 I would still keep it.
                And I'll still shut it off during the summer when there are no live sports I want to watch on it.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I'll put YTTV on hold as soon as they get through the seasons of Blue Bloods and Magnum P.I. It's true, I've become my parents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

And I'll still shut it off during the summer when there are no live sports I want to watch on it.
                    I cancelled it after the Super Bowl. Sports is the only thing I ever watched on it.

"The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

I cancelled it after the Super Bowl. Sports is the only thing I ever watched on it.
                      I have had it on all day long for one of my favorite weekends in sports.

Comment

• YTTV is (finally) doing a limited rollout of their multi-view today. You can't choose which channels go into it, but since the NCAA games are what I want in there, that's fine. Kind of sweet having all four games up at once.

Comment

• I'm bummed that I am not part of the limited rollout. Super dumb.

Comment

I'm bummed that I am not part of the limited rollout. Super dumb.

Mine just showed up 10 minutes ago after a restart.

Comment

• For some reason today my multi-view only has two of the games, not all four.

Also, the main impact has been to convince me that I need a bigger TV.

Comment

• I like YTTV quite a bit, but for a company that has the data and analytical power of Google, their predictions of what I will want to watch are shockingly bad. From September to December, I would estimate that 75% of my TV watching consists of football games, yet I will often get to the "Home" screen and a currently airing football game will be nowhere to be seen in the "Top Picks" section, which will instead have something like "The Parent Trap" showing on Freeform (This is not a hypothetical, TPT is currently the top recommendation for me).

Last month, I watched a decent amount of the US Open (tennis). Not a huge amount, maybe 10 hour or so total, and I didn't record any of it. Ever since then, 90% of the time I turn it on, it defaults to the Tennis Channel.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I somehow activate "Stupid Mode" when I set it up?

Comment

Working...
                                X