X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Ha. No. A gift from Papa.
    Are they actually calling you "Papa"?
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
      Are they actually calling you "Papa"?
      Papa San
      Dad
      Padre
      Pater Familias
      Etc.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Papa San
        Dad
        Padre
        Pater Familias
        Etc.
        G*d damn Pater Familias?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          G*d damn Pater Familias?
          That works too.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

G*d damn Pater Familias?
            But is JL bona fide? I heard he was hit by a train!
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
              But is JL bona fide? I heard he was hit by a train!
              I heard he's been banned from the Woolsworth.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I heard he's been banned from the Woolsworth.
                Just the one or the whole chain?
                "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• We cut off YouTube TV earlier this year, around the time that sports got cut off.

Since then, primarily because my wife couldn't survive without some of her shows, we've done some free trials of various services as well as a month of paid Sling.

In prior years, I wouldn't have considered using Sling because, if I remember correctly, even with its DVR tools, it wouldn't skip over commercials in ESPN broadcasts. That seems to have changed.

I wasn't particularly impressed with Sling's DVR system, but we were only using the base package that allows just 10 hours of recorded content. One of the few things I tried to record was Jazz games. Their system allowed me to record all NBA games. I didn't see an option for limiting the recordings to Jazz games. With only 10 hours of storage, I didn't want to record all games. So I tried to record only the individual games, but they never got recorded.

I'm going to restart service with someone on Monday so I can watch however many BYU games get broadcast this year. Sling seems to be the least expensive option, even after electing the higher tier of DVR. But based on my recent experience with the Jazz games, I'm concerned that Sling won't record the BYU games properly.

Anyone have Sling? Have any problems?

PS. Queue up old gregg telling me that cable and/or DirecTV isn't that expensive and to spend more.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    We cut off YouTube TV earlier this year, around the time that sports got cut off.

Since then, primarily because my wife couldn't survive without some of her shows, we've done some free trials of various services as well as a month of paid Sling.

In prior years, I wouldn't have considered using Sling because, if I remember correctly, even with its DVR tools, it wouldn't skip over commercials in ESPN broadcasts. That seems to have changed.

I wasn't particularly impressed with Sling's DVR system, but we were only using the base package that allows just 10 hours of recorded content. One of the few things I tried to record was Jazz games. Their system allowed me to record all NBA games. I didn't see an option for limiting the recordings to Jazz games. With only 10 hours of storage, I didn't want to record all games. So I tried to record only the individual games, but they never got recorded.

I'm going to restart service with someone on Monday so I can watch however many BYU games get broadcast this year. Sling seems to be the least expensive option, even after electing the higher tier of DVR. But based on my recent experience with the Jazz games, I'm concerned that Sling won't record the BYU games properly.

PS. Queue up old gregg telling me that cable and/or DirecTV isn't that expensive and to spend more.

we've migrated to youtube tv. the price increase sucks (we stuck around), but it's really good. we also pay way too much and have netflix, hulu, disney+ and hbo max. stupid.
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• YTTV is adding NFL Network. Looks like Redzone is coming too. Hmmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                        YTTV is adding NFL Network. Looks like Redzone is coming too. Hmmm.
                        redzone is amazing. very much worth the money.
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Yes!! If you play fantasy football or bet on games red zone is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            We cut off YouTube TV earlier this year, around the time that sports got cut off.

Ha. That is definitely a deal-killer for me. Hard pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              we've migrated to youtube tv. the price increase sucks (we stuck around), but it's really good. we also pay way too much and have netflix, hulu, disney+ and hbo max. stupid.
                              Lol. This is exactly where we are. I talked tough. But with the Dodgers looking like the favorites, Lakers being good again, and BYU actually playing football I couldn't cut it. So yeah, after YTTV, Hulu (we share), Netflix, HBO, Disney+, and Amazon Prime (if that counts), I think I'm about where I was with my FiOS bundle. Stupid indeed.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                Lol. This is exactly where we are. I talked tough. But with the Dodgers looking like the favorites, Lakers being good again, and BYU actually playing football I couldn't cut it. So yeah, after YTTV, Hulu (we share), Netflix, HBO, Disney+, and Amazon Prime (if that counts), I think I'm about where I was with my FiOS bundle. Stupid indeed.
                                I have:

YTTV
                                Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+
                                Netflix
                                HBO Max
                                Amazon Prime Video

Yeah, I am basically paying the equivalent of premium cable/sat but I share items 1-4 with my adult kids so the cost per household is really cheap and we all love the combination and flexibility of streaming services.

Comment

Working...
                                X