Summertime Kicks

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #1

    Summertime Kicks

    What do you rock in warm weather?

    Surfah was player-hating on my Rainbows, but I thought he had a pair. Someone on CG wore them. Maybe it was Jennerstein?

    Anyway, I wear sandals frequently, regardless of the time of year. And Rainbow is my preferred brand. They are great...comfortable and last for years, literally. I have the tan ones.



    What coats your hooves?
    Last edited by TripletDaddy; 04-13-2009, 08:44 PM.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic
  • Coach McGuirk
    1
    • Nov 2008
    • 12109

    #2
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    What coats your hooves?

    I flip the flops. Brand? Any I kind find in size 14. I am also kicking a pair of these as well,



    anyone for a sail in Newport Harbor?

    Comment

    • Pheidippides
      Liberal Feminazi
      • Nov 2008
      • 14759

      #3
      Hopefully, a pair of these:



      wading in this:



      with this on my back:



      Actually, that's my spring look. My fall look involves these:



      on this:



      here:



      with SHW:

      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

      Comment

      • Tim
        Not Banned
        • Nov 2008
        • 4390

        #4
        Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
        I flip the flops. Brand? Any I kind find in size 14. I am also kicking a pair of these as well,



        anyone for a sail in Newport Harbor?
        I wear boat shoes and lightweight canvas sneakers in the summer.
        Visca Catalunya Lliure

        Comment

        • SteelBlue
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 8190

          #5
          Old Navy flip flops. I'm boring.

          Comment

          • il Padrino Ute
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 19161

            #6
            I'm a Timberland sandal kind of guy:

            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

            Comment

            • YOhio
              Hipster Mode
              • Nov 2008
              • 26165

              #7
              I'm currently in holding pattern for my summer footwear. I usually wait until late May so I can figure out next summers' hot styles.

              Comment

              • Hot Lunch
                Out of Office
                • Nov 2008
                • 7842

                #8
                Reefs are my flip flop of choice and I rock them as much as possible. I haven't tried Rainbows yet. My BIL swears by them as well.
                "Take it to the Bank"

                Comment

                • MarkGrace
                  Grooveshark dick tease
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31546

                  #9
                  Slippers. Brown (Reef) and black (Surf Ware). Also some Timberland boat shoes. Need another pair of those this summer.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                  Comment

                  • ERCougar
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 10978

                    #10
                    Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                    with SHW:

                    Better question: What distribution center carries those G's?

                    I, too, rock the chacos.
                    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                    Comment

                    • BoylenOver
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 9146

                      #11
                      I suffer from a perpetual cycle: I have a wicked tan line from my ankle socks, so because I think my feet are so ugly, I wear tennis shoes all the time. Now that I just got a pedicure, I may have to go and get some cheap sandals and rock them on occasion.
                      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                      Comment

                      • kccougar
                        9262
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7020

                        #12
                        I've never understood the flip flop thing. I have no desire to go through life shuffling my feet or balling up my toes just to keep my shoes on.

                        I've got a pair of sandals pretty close to these:


                        but honestly, I've got such sweaty feet that I pretty much need to wear socks and regular shoes most of the time. So, even in summer you'll see me in either these:


                        or these:
                        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #13
                          DDD, I was not hating. Rainbow's are just ridiculously overpriced. $40-50 on slippers? You have to remember I grew up wearing $3 rubber Locals and Surfah sandals you buy at the grocery store in Hawaii. Every time I go back I stock up and come home with 2-3 pair. In fact I usually always have a back up pair of slippers because I wear through them quickly or break.

                          My favorites right now are the Carver slippers from Quicksilver.

                          I have 2 pair. One brown suede (got them at the Provo outlet for $8). The other electric blue and white. Also have some other cheap Quicksilver rubber sandals and some old Surfah sandals. Probably paid $20 total for all of them.



                          I also rock the Sperry's:



                          And some skate shoes:

                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • landpoke
                            Never once baby snatched
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 4183

                            #14
                            They look kind of goofy, but they're the most comfortable flip flops I've ever worn:

                            There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

                            Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

                            Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                            Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
                            …
                            Tomorrow is Saturday
                            And Sunday comes afterwards

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              DDD, I was not hating. Rainbow's are just ridiculously overpriced. $40-50 on slippers? You have to remember I grew up wearing $3 rubber Locals and Surfah sandals you buy at the grocery store in Hawaii. Every time I go back I stock up and come home with 2-3 pair. In fact I usually always have a back up pair of slippers because I wear through them quickly or break.

                              My favorites right now are the Carver slippers from Quicksilver.

                              I have 2 pair. One brown suede (got them at the Provo outlet for $8). The other electric blue and white. Also have some other cheap Quicksilver rubber sandals and some old Surfah sandals. Probably paid $20 total for all of them.

                              I also rock the Sperry's:

                              And some skate shoes:
                              I know, I was only kidding.

                              I enjoy the Rainbows because they last so dang long and are very comfortable. I know some folks that have had theirs for up to 7 or 8 years and they still look the same. Also, there are a few places down here where you can get them for about $25 during certain times of the year...you can go directly to the Rainbow warehouse in San Clemente. Also, the Rainbow store in LA often has sales.

                              I have some reefs, as well and I really like those.

                              I had a pair of quiksilver sandals for a few years and they turned out to be one of my favorite pairs. The only problem was that I left them face-up one day all day at the beach. when I came back to get them, they were totally melted and unwearable.

                              PS I had a pair or two of the Hawaii specials. I think I bought them at foodland. they serve their purpose, but break really quickly.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...