New U. of U. president announced

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LA Ute
    Receiver of Memory
    • Nov 2008
    • 19512

    #1

    New U. of U. president announced

    David Pershing.

    Another engineer. Sheesh, you guys are everywhere.
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden


    "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • wally
    <><><><><><><><>
    • Jun 2010
    • 4137

    #2
    Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
    David Pershing.

    Another engineer. Sheesh, you guys are everywhere.
    Not only is he an engineer, he also has a beard. I have very good feelings about this hire.

    Comment

    • UtahDan
      *
      • Nov 2008
      • 14496

      #3
      Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
      David Pershing.

      Another engineer. Sheesh, you guys are everywhere.
      I'm sorry they passed you over again.

      Comment

      • LA Ute
        Receiver of Memory
        • Nov 2008
        • 19512

        #4
        Originally posted by wally View Post
        Not only is he an engineer, he also has a beard. I have very good feelings about this hire.
        I can't tell from the photo whether or not he has a pocket protector.
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden


        "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

        Comment

        • Lost Student
          BAND!
          • Nov 2008
          • 4324

          #5
          Not only is he an engineer, but he is in the best discipline of engineering. I have very good feelings about this hire.
          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

          Comment

          • LA Ute
            Receiver of Memory
            • Nov 2008
            • 19512

            #6
            I'm starting to feel oppressed in this thread.
            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
            ― W.H. Auden


            "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


            "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

            Comment

            • LA Ute
              Receiver of Memory
              • Nov 2008
              • 19512

              #7
              [YOUTUBE]qOtoujYOWw0[/YOUTUBE]
              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
              ― W.H. Auden


              "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


              "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #8
                lol. Welcome to Jurassic Park!

                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69720

                  #9
                  Looks like a smart pick. Way to go, Utah.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • FMCoug
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 6825

                    #10
                    Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                    I'm starting to feel oppressed in this thread.
                    You could always sue somebody to make you feel better.
                    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                    Comment

                    • LA Ute
                      Receiver of Memory
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 19512

                      #11
                      Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                      You could always sue somebody to make you feel better.
                      Doesn't work. I've tried it.
                      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                      ― W.H. Auden


                      "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                      "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                      Comment

                      • PaloAltoCougar
                        Semper infra dignitatem
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 16938

                        #12
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        lol. Welcome to Jurassic Park!

                        President Pershing was also great in My Week With Marilyn.

                        Comment

                        • NorthwestUteFan
                          אלוף
                          • Oct 2010
                          • 3384

                          #13
                          I am a bit surprised to see the U hire from within, but the last 3(?) have been outside hires.

                          I am a big fan of Dr. Pershing. I served with him on a committee in the late 90s as the token ASUU presence on the board. He is a wonderful guy and was a very good ChemE prof. He also has a near-fanatical love for macaroons, so remember to bring some when you visit him, LA.

                          Comment

                          • il Padrino Ute
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19161

                            #14
                            Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            President Pershing was also great in My Week With Marilyn.

                            He's also not afraid of torpedoes.
                            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                            Comment

                            • Viking
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 6470

                              #15
                              Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              President Pershing was also great in My Week With Marilyn.

                              he looks like one of the better M&A attorneys i worked with at Preston Gates in Seattle about 12 years ago.

                              Comment

                              Working...