Dress Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Yeah, it can definitely be hit or miss, but when you hit, you really hit.

The shoes are definitiely returns. Some of them you would think should go straight to the incinerator, but then some look like they've never been worn. You just have to be patient and you can score some major deals. All but 1 of the 8 or so pairs of dress shoes that are in my current rotation are from last chance.
    I scored a brand new pair of Adam Derrick To Boot dress shoes at Last Chance for $30. They were brand new with a $235 price tag still attached. Still have them.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      I bought a regular white dress shirt there in about 1997. I wore it a long time, probably until about 2003, when the seam on the front pocket came undone. Hearing stories about the return policy, I took it back to see if I could a new one (it didn't hurt that I was a broke law student at the time). I told her that when I bought it, I was told that if anything went wrong with the shirt I could return it. She looked at me like I was an idiot. She offered to have the pocket re-sewn, but no way was she giving me a new shirt.
      Hmmmmm. She could have been fired for that. Seriously. Nordstrom will take ANYTHING, even if it's been used. Next time that happens ask for the store manager and explain that the salesperson tried to implement a return policy when Nordstrom clearly does not have one.
      what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

Comment

Originally posted by HottieCoug View Post
        Hmmmmm. She could have been fired for that. Seriously. Nordstrom will take ANYTHING, even if it's been used. Next time that happens ask for the store manager and explain that the salesperson tried to implement a return policy when Nordstrom clearly does not have one.

You were the one that linked to the return policy.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

You were the one that linked to the return policy.
          Hottie is on a plane to LA right now but I think she means that no retun policy means open ended returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
            Hottie is on a plane to LA right now but I think she means that no retun policy means open ended returns.
            Ah. ok.

Let's wait for her to land so she can clarify for herself, but I think you may be right. What is she doing in Louisiana? Holidays?

sigpic

Comment

Ah. ok.

Let's wait for her to land so she can clarify for herself, but I think you may be right. What is she doing in Louisiana? Holidays?
              Ha. Other LA. It's the annual Viking family invasion of Disneyland. We will occupy the GC for three days

Comment

Originally posted by HottieCoug View Post
                I worked at Nordys and this isnt true, at least wasn't when I worked there.

The policy was (and I didn't see anything in your link that refuted this. I actually was in Nordstroms yesterday and asked the associate if they still offer repair on exchanges and she said yes)...

First offer repair.

If repair wasn't an option you exchange.

It's unreal assholes like Falafal think they should take in seven year old worn shirts. Actually it's very believable Falafal would do this, he is THAT guy.

Hey, I want clothes for life on one purchase, let's go to Nordstroms.
                Last edited by fusnik; 12-18-2011, 02:13 PM.

Comment

One of my college roommates returned some worn Eccos from his mission and got a new pair. I don't have those kind of balls or nerve to do something like that.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

I may be terribly gauche, but I love Lands End Pinpoint dress shirts. The come in regular or tailor fit, exact sleeve sizes, and they just seem to fit me. They feel great coming back from the cleaners with a medium starch, and I usually get 2 or 3 wears out of each cleaning.
                    http://www.landsend.com/pp/StraightC...&origin=index#
                    They are constantly running promotions of 20, 30, or 40% of, or buy 3 get $10 of each.

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post

The policy was (and I didn't see anything in your link that refuted this. I actually was in Nordstroms yesterday and asked the associate if they still offer repair on exchanges and she said yes)...

First offer repair.

It's unreal assholes like Falafal think they should take in seven year old worn shirts. Actually it's very believable Falafal would do this, he is THAT guy.

Ha, you're the guy who calls Norstrom "Notrstroms". You are THAT guy. Makes me doubt you ever worked there.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        Ha, you're the guy who calls Norstrom "Notrstroms". You are THAT guy. Makes me doubt you ever worked there.
                        dang. right idea, execution needs work. I'm with you, though.

ZCMIs
                        Subways
                        Beehive Clothings

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          Yeah, exactly. Biggest pet peeve ever is people saying Nordstroms. Even worse when they've actually worked there. I've never, ever seen a return denied. Now, people are flagged if they constantly return worn things, but it has to get excessive for that to happen.

DDD - Nordstrom seems to love saying, "Our return policy is that we have no return policy!"

p.s. I'm back from the Viking clan D-Land trip and it was great as usual, mostly controlled by Baby Viking's mood swings and the hilarious pictures the Viking kiddos take.
                          what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post

First offer repair.

I agree, its a crazy policy. I never would have tried to return the shirt if they didn't tout that option as a selling point.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

dang. right idea, execution needs work. I'm with you, though.

ZCMIs
                              Subways
                              Beehive Clothings
                              I fly into a fit of rage when people refer to SP's seminal classic as "Siamese Dreams."
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Mrs. Grace worked at Nordstrom when we first moved here and the stuff people would return was insane. Bras and underwear that were yellow and stained and from lines the store didn't even carry anymore.

And the policy regarding theft was equally nuts. Mrs. G could watch people grab stuff and shove it in their pockets and not do anything about it.
                                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X