Inked: The Tattoo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
    That hurts. We here at CUF - yes, I'll always call it CUF - believe in you, but you don't believe in us.
    Aww. You guys know I already have a picture of JeffL tattooed right on my ass, right? I can give you the video....
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
      Aww. You guys know I already have a picture of JeffL tattooed right on my ass, right? I can give you the video....
      Didn't Dabrockster already get in trouble for posting that video here?!
      "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
        Most of us saw your stand-in work in The Waterboy:

Spoiler for Caution - partial rear nudity:
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Ok. I'll go ahead and take your word for it.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Ok. I'll go ahead and take your word for it.
            Diabetic?

It was Thomas Willis who in 1675 added "mellitus" to the word "diabetes" as a designation for the disease, when he noticed the urine of a diabetic had a sweet taste (glycosuria).[54] This sweet taste had been noticed in urine by the ancient Greeks, Chinese, Egyptians, Indians, and Persians.
            Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diabetes_mellitus

As a side note, that Thomas Willis and the ancient Greeks, Chinese, Egyptians, Indians, and Persians must have been a bunch of sick f****ers.
            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• CB has this tatoo thread going on.

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...ml?id=10828740

Someone linked this about tatoos and missions.

https://www.lds.org/youth/article/ta...ssion?lang=eng

I'm not a fan of tatoos but I don't like when council turns into more than just that.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                CB has this tatoo thread going on.

I'm not a fan of tatoos but I don't like when council turns into more than just that.

I have never been a fan of artists. Now I have some support that all they do is degrade beautiful white canvas's.

Also all the Christmas light hangers are degrading mother nature.

Comment

wow
                  I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Geez. What a load of BS.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Geez. What a load of BS.
                      Yes, but aren't you kicking against the pricks here? It has become a great dichotemy (sp) to me. I hear how we are to be accepting of others. We aren't supposed to be judgemental. When I tell some people we are very biased I get told I am full of it.

Yet, I hear over and over again BYU is the "representitive" of the church. Athletes, even non-lds athletes, are told they are not only representing themselves and their family, but BYU and thus the church. They along with other students are not to have long hair, facial hair and are discouraged from having tatoo's.

Now if you are allowed to have those in your ward and even attend the Temple, hasn't a signal gone out though that although you are allowed to, the church prefers not to have you represent the church and it's members.

Right or wrong, this kind of subtle stratification of members by appearance has really turned off a couple of my kids who do the facial hair thing. They have told me they don't feel comfortable around people who consider them second class. That may just be an excuse. I have told them they have the problem if they really give a crap what the white shirt wearing members in their ward think.

Comment

I agree. I can't think of a single reason why they would want pics and an explanation and all that. Very weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                          Yes, but aren't you kicking against the pricks here? It has become a great dichotemy (sp) to me. I hear how we are to be accepting of others. We aren't supposed to be judgemental. When I tell some people we are very biased I get told I am full of it.

Yet, I hear over and over again BYU is the "representitive" of the church. Athletes, even non-lds athletes, are told they are not only representing themselves and their family, but BYU and thus the church. They along with other students are not to have long hair, facial hair and are discouraged from having tatoo's.

Now if you are allowed to have those in your ward and even attend the Temple, hasn't a signal gone out though that although you are allowed to, the church prefers not to have you represent the church and it's members.

Right or wrong, this kind of subtle stratification of members by appearance has really turned off a couple of my kids who do the facial hair thing. They have told me they don't feel comfortable around people who consider them second class. That may just be an excuse. I have told them they have the problem if they really give a crap what the white shirt wearing members in their ward think.
                          To a lot of members, outward appearance is sign of inward problems. Thus, if you don't fit the mold the brethren would like you to, then you must be going through some trials.

Comment

• Originally posted by AggieIam View Post
                            To a lot of members, outward appearance is sign of inward problems. Thus, if you don't fit the mold the brethren would like you to, then you must be going through some trials.
                            I think it is a sign of a rebellious, creative, non-conformist nature. In the case of college students, it is much easier to "control" the students who tend to be compliant and obedient.

I still think tatoo's and long hair and even unkept beards are likely to represent someone who has a more rebellious nature than religious leaders, any conservative christian religion, like to deal with.

Comment

• For some missionaries, having a tattoo means being assigned to serve in a place where their tattoo is either culturally accepted or to a colder climate where long sleeves, and tights for women, will cover their tattoos. A tattoo can limit not only where you can serve, but, depending on its content and your feelings about it, it could also determine whether you can serve at all.
                              This further confirms my impression that calls are less about inspiration than I used to think. Interesting that we can influence where we are called simply by getting a tattoo.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I think I have told this before but there was a guy in my mission with numerous tattoos from his time associated with white supremacists including White Power on his arm and this hooded executioner on his leg. Also, I remember driving a buddy to his interview with the SP for his mission at BYU. When he came out he was super pissed at me and asked why I didn't warn him about the tattoo questions. I told him that I wasn't asked about tattoos at all. And he said that the SP asked him if he had any and he had to disclose what it was, where and why he got it. Unfortunately it was Your Name on his butt cheek and his whole HS wrestling team got it.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X