No announcement yet.

Inked: The Tattoo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's clearly a Power On/Off button. Not sure what it goes to, though.

Comment

• JL censoring me. This post never went through?

48F65DEF-8B8B-487D-B999-BD03978F9832.png
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        JL censoring me. This post never went through?

48F65DEF-8B8B-487D-B999-BD03978F9832.png
        Must be image recognition. The OG post was automatically flagged too.

To be honest, I should have deleted the original photo. Barf.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Any of the latin aficionados want to chime in as to what the following phrase means:

"Constringo is ere inxi icum per aeternitas"

I'd like to know if it means what someone thinks it means, since he now has it tattooed across his back.
          Originally posted by Solon View Post

Good night, that's incomprehensible Latin. The best I can come up with is "I bind my beloved to me for eternity" - that's trying to get at the gist of the words without paying too much attention to grammar.

But the Latin makes practically no sense at all. Constringo (I bind) is a good start (if you're into bondage and all that), but even the "per aeternitas" should be "per aeternitates" (for eternity)

As for the middle part, I'll make a guess that "ere" is supposed to stem from era, -a,(a lady or beloved, but it should be 'eram' if that's who he's binding) but I can't really figure out the inxi icum part. I guessed that the icum was a bad version of "mecum" (with me) but the "inxi" is a mystery. Trying to be a verb, perhaps, since the -xi suffix shows up in 3rd conjugations, but it's a head-scratcher. Most of the sentence is basically gibberish.

Wow. Tattooed with incomprehensible Latin for life.
          Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          He claims it says "Linked together for eternity," and he has it on one shoulder with the names of his children on the other. But he seems very much like the type to punch something into a translator and then tattoo the latin "translation" on his back, which is why I immediately doubted the accuracy of the phrase.

FTR, the tattoo is hideous. Honestly, the worst tattoo i've ever seen. Ever.
          Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

Okay, you've got to get a photo of it now. Like have to.
          Might be time to bump this thread. Also, the above-referenced tattoo lives rent-free in my mind. I legit think about it whenever the idea of bad tattoos comes up. Not sure if I ever posted a photo of it in this thread, but thankfully I know right where to find it.

76D14366-F23E-4C3E-BAFC-C3446E4B5B55.jpeg
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Might be time to bump this thread. Also, the above-referenced tattoo lives rent-free in my mind. I legit think about it whenever the idea of bad tattoos comes up. Not sure if I ever posted a photo of it in this thread, but thankfully I know right where to find it.

76D14366-F23E-4C3E-BAFC-C3446E4B5B55.jpeg
            There is so much wrong with that tattoo that I don't even know where to start.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• That is hideous
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• This is really interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  This is really interesting.

I'm white, straight, and have a post graduate degree. I am a poor though. Maybe that is why I have tattoos.
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

I'm white, straight, and have a post graduate degree. I am a poor though. Maybe that is why I have tattoos.
                    It's a dumb survey. I don't personally understand the draw of tattoos, but I know plenty of people that have them, and for those people each of those tattoos is some sort of celebration. We're all looking for something to celebrate.
                    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

It's a dumb survey. I don't personally understand the draw of tattoos, but I know plenty of people that have them, and for those people each of those tattoos is some sort of celebration. We're all looking for something to celebrate.
                      Lol. What is dumb about it? Seems like a very straightforward set of categories and numbers.

Comment

• Checks out. Some of my kids like tattoos and they are definitely gayer and poorer than I am.

Having said that, none of them (thankfully) are 40 yet.

Comment

You are also trash. Poor, white, trash. That ups your percentages considerably.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

When did I become trash? Also, I prefer to be called "a poor" not simply poor. It is how I identify. Please respect me and use the right words.
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

When did I become trash? Also, I prefer to be called "a poor" not simply poor. It is how I identify. Please respect me and use the right words.
                              You became trash the minute you supported the University of Utah athletics department.

You are "a poor" white trash.

Edit. "A poor" sounds very similar to "Apoor", so you might actually be Indian trash.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

I saw his face on a billboard today. He looked very professional.

Comment

Working...
                                X