Inked: The Tattoo Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MartyFunkhouser
    Disciple of RNGesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 18763

    #196
    Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

    LOL. "Never get a tattoo with words you can't read" is definitely wisdom to live by.

    My dad, who spent over 25 years of his life in Taiwan/Mainland China/Hong Kong including time training in Chinese calligraphy with Xian masters, along with my Chinese-sister-in-law and the 4 other other siblings or children in my family that served Chinese-speaking missions, all chortle at the stupid Chinese characters they see inked on people.
    I hope this and don't get anything tattooed on your butthole are 2 tattoo rules that we all can agree on.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

    Comment

    • BigFatMeanie
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 7123

      #197
      Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

      I hope this and don't get anything tattooed on your butthole are 2 tattoo rules that we all can agree on.
      You'll never sell me on Pokemon, and especially on the virtue of Pokemon tats, but on these 2 rules we can definitely agree.

      Comment

      • MartyFunkhouser
        Disciple of RNGesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 18763

        #198
        Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

        You'll never sell me on Pokemon, and especially on the virtue of Pokemon tats, but on these 2 rules we can definitely agree.
        I will just accept that you do not want joy in your life.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

        Comment

        • wuapinmon
          Soul Plumber
          • Dec 2008
          • 30711

          #199
          Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
          My tattoo is a mix of neo-traditional (the Pokémon) and traditional (the flowers).
          I like to think that I had some part in helping you with editing this.
          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

          Comment

          • MartyFunkhouser
            Disciple of RNGesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 18763

            #200
            Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

            I like to think that I had some part in helping you with editing this.
            Well I know that I don't have a tattoo that I would have regretted due to some advice of yours.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

            Comment

            • wuapinmon
              Soul Plumber
              • Dec 2008
              • 30711

              #201
              Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

              Well I know that I don't have a tattoo that I would have regretted due to some advice of yours.
              Glad my blurring-the-border-between-advice-and-bullying advice could help.
              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

              Comment

              • Northwestcoug
                Cocked and Loaded
                • May 2011
                • 18040

                #202
                Originally posted by Pelado View Post

                So, if I understand correctly, your wife related to you that she's considering travelling across the country so that a man she's never met can repeatedly inject his ink into her? Dude, you need to take that woman on a date.
                Maybe I should be a little more concerned like Pelado said. Although I'm pretty certain this tattoo artist prefers the company of men, I got this as a birthday present today:

                He was advertising doing commissions last year, and Mrs. NWC jumped on it. I really like the art, but I'm wondering if I should start bracing myself for when she plans the weekend trip to 'get a tattoo',
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

                Comment

                • MartyFunkhouser
                  Disciple of RNGesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 18763

                  #203
                  Getting a tattoo on your chest is much more painful than your arm.

                  Glad my next one is on my inner forearm.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

                  Comment

                  • MartyFunkhouser
                    Disciple of RNGesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 18763

                    #204
                    289188325_10160413502779824_8052178006320112964_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=78H9qJURGUQAX9QEyaw&_nc_oc=AQm9itjpglSQa44HrLAcaicBDAcjhA1r-5HMKJpL7JeIY5SPi5IF9Bad0FmYIo8NAYw&tn=YKSfskaAU9Mjv9_z&_nc_ht=scontent-sea
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

                    Comment

                    • Moliere
                      One man.....one pie
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 27899

                      #205
                      Um, nice tattoo???
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                      Comment

                      • PaloAltoCougar
                        Semper infra dignitatem
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 16940

                        #206
                        Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        Um, nice tattoo???
                        My first thought was that I was looking at a horrible third degree burn.

                        Comment

                        • Donuthole
                          Official Outgayer
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 25278

                          #207
                          I should call her.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                          Comment

                          • Donuthole
                            Official Outgayer
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 25278

                            #208
                            Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            Um, nice tattoo???
                            That’s not funk. He’s not nearly that hirsute.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                            There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                            Comment

                            • MartyFunkhouser
                              Disciple of RNGesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 18763

                              #209
                              Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              That’s not funk. He’s not nearly that hirsute.
                              Both of these things are true. Being pasty white and not hairy are both helpful for getting tattoos. It also is clearly not me because I have no wife and want to acquire no wife.

                              I do think that this persons wife has assured 2 things will happen though:
                              1) Neal Brennan's neck tattoo theory applies here. This guys wife has assured that he will never have anything but a minimum wage job.
                              2) The wife has assured her husband will never cheat, because who is going to sleep with someone with a hand tattoo of a vagina.

                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

                              Comment

                              • clackamascoug
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 9709

                                #210
                                Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

                                Both of these things are true. Being pasty white and not hairy are both helpful for getting tattoos. It also is clearly not me because I have no wife and want to acquire no wife.

                                I do think that this persons wife has assured 2 things will happen though:
                                1) Neal Brennan's neck tattoo theory applies here. This guys wife has assured that he will never have anything but a minimum wage job.
                                2) The wife has assured her husband will never cheat, because who is going to sleep with someone with a hand tattoo of a vagina.
                                If you were married - you'd know that is not a vage - it's representative of the spike that was driven through our Saviors hand.

                                Comment

                                Working...