Useful freeware programs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Color Me Badd Fan
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 12519

    #1

    Useful freeware programs

    I downloaded a program called cutepdfwriter that allows one to convert anything on your screen, regardless of program, into a pdf through the print function. Basically the program shows up in the print window as a printer option.

    It's great for converting word docs, web pages, jpegs to pdfs instantly. I suppose the full version of Adobe Acrobat does the same thing, but it's not free. Additionally the program can pare down a pdf doc by only selecting the pages you want to save.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”
  • BigPiney
    Huge Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 12368

    #2
    My favorite site for getting these programs is FileHippo. I really like that you can download previous versions if you would need to do so.

    My most used free programs are VLCplayer, Utorrent, IMGBurn, Daemon tools, DVDDecripter. I am sure there a tons more.

    Comment

    • Lost Student
      BAND!
      • Nov 2008
      • 4324

      #3
      Gimp
      Inkscape
      Nitro PDF Maker (like cute pdf maker but has more pdf-editing functionality).
      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

      Comment

      • Uncle Ted
        The Big 12 money shot.
        • Apr 2010
        • 28853

        #4
        For the Mac fanboys (and fangirls)...

        Handbrake

        Transmission

        Adium

        Google Chrome

        Burn

        Colloguy

        VLCPlayer
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • Surfah
          Where's Wallace?
          • Nov 2008
          • 33726

          #5
          CCleaner. Defraggler. LibreOffice. Gimp. Inkscape. RevoUninstaller. AVG Anti-virus. uTorrent. Fences. NitroPDF. Those are all the ones on my laptop I use.

          Lifehacker just had a great downloads list for windows software. I highly recommend many of the programs.

          Whether you've just reinstalled Windows or you need to fill some holes on your software collection, we've got everything you need in our annual Lifeha


          My Macbook Pro is a work computer and I am not allowed to use freeware/shareware unless it has been approved and since Macs aren't really approved anyway (testing and evaluating) I don't have many options.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

          Comment

          Working...