No announcement yet.

Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When people pronounce the word "versus" as "verse".
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      When people pronounce the word "versus" as "verse".
      When people turn the preposition versus into the (totally made up) verb verse or versing.

Like "we are going to verse each other" or "today we are versing our rival school."

WTH?

Comment

When people pronounce the word "versus" as "verse".
        When they pronounce it as "V" as in Roe v. Wade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
          When people turn the preposition versus into the (totally made up) verb verse or versing.

Like "we are going to verse each other" or "today we are versing our rival school."

WTH?
          *teenagers

i've never heard anybody over the age of 19 say this. but yes, it is dumb.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
            When they pronounce it as "V" as in Roe v. Wade.
            That's okay in legal contexts. In fact, that is the default/norm.

Now, it is not okay in sports contexts. Mayweather vee Pacquiao.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post

WTH?
              YES

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Haha. You guys are easily triggered. Now bury your face in your phone at the stop light and make me miss the light and I'm in a high state of peeviocity!

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  *teenagers

i've never heard anybody over the age of 19 say this. but yes, it is dumb.
                  Dont think I've heard that from anyone over or under 19. Maybe I have heard it but just dismissed it as teenage babble.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    Dont think I've heard that from anyone over or under 19. Maybe I have heard it but just dismissed it as teenage babble.
                    probably.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

That's okay in legal contexts. In fact, that is the default/norm.

Now, it is not okay in sports contexts. Mayweather vee Pacquiao.
                      Or Batman v. Superman, for that matter! I was expecting a scintillating courtroom drama a la Crichton adaptation!
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        Or Batman v. Superman, for that matter! I was expecting a scintillating courtroom drama a la Crichton adaptation!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                          Now bury your face in your phone at the stop light and make me miss the light and I'm in a high state of peeviocity!
                          Like the blonde in the SUV that can't turn left on a green yield? I swear if I have to spend another turn of the light watching you hesitate with the nearest oncoming car half a block away......

Today's pet peeve is co-workers that use the non-existent word "expresso" to refer to a common caffeinated beverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                            Today's pet peeve is co-workers that use the non-existent word "expresso" to refer to a common caffeinated beverage.
                            So called because it's so small that you drink it FAST!

Comment

• People who qualify their opinions by saying "maybe I'm bias."

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

People who qualify their opinions by saying "maybe I'm bias."
                                Ppreciate you.

Comment

Working...
                                X