Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    That BYUTV has taken down the women's volleyball games. My daughter wants to re-watch them, but they're gone.
    I am so PISSED right now!!

Comment

• Drivers who hit their brakes, come to nearly a complete stop, and then as they begin their left turn they turn on their signal. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        Drivers who hit their brakes, come to nearly a complete stop, and then as they begin their left turn they turn on their signal. Thanks for the heads up.
        Yep that is a good one. Or drivers who slam down for any turn, right or left and then crawl through the turn to make certain nobody else can make the light.
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Web sites that automatically start up a video when you try to read an article.

Time.com is especially annoying, because they have the big video window, then a smaller one down below. You have to kill both of them to keep from playing it. And it's not like it starts immediately, it waits ten seconds or so, so you have to wait to pause the thing.

Oh well, at least I've figured out how to regularly read the site without actually paying, so maybe I don't have a valid complaint.

Comment

• Butter manufacturers that wrap their cubes of unsalted butter in packaging that features red writing. Likewise with salted butter in blue packaging. This butter packaging color reversal will not stand, man!
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• realtors are dumb as fuck
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Being put on hold at some huge government or medical bureaucracy - for a long time - and having to listen to hold music so I don't miss the person when I finally get through. This is music that wouldn't be bad, except that it's extremely distorted, like some FM station that isn't quite tuned in properly. There are a bunch of different places that have that issue, so they must all be getting it from the same screwed up place.

Part two, of course, is finally getting through and the person has such a thick accent that I can barely understand them once I finally do get through. It was a Chinese guy this morning.

Comment

• Having a mystery co-worker who does not know how to sit before he shits and then leaves his splattered waste all over the toilet seat rendering it unusable.

Then to come back and see he himself cannot use that toilet so he goes and sits his dirty ass on the other toilet leaving a decorative picture of his ass imprinted on the seat in his own filthy shit.

People like this should be shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• People at Costco who INSIST on taking their oversize shopping cart with them not only through the line to purchase food - but then in front of the drink dispensers - thereby occupying BOTH of them while they fill their one cup - as well as in front of the hot dog condiments.

Seriously?

Nearly as annoying as feeling compelled to have their cart jammed in between the small tables there so that they can reach out and touch it for reassurance at a moments notice. (That is much less annoying than the first - mostly because I don't ever sit at those tables and don't need to maneuver between them.)

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                      Having a mystery co-worker who does not know how to sit before he shits and then leaves his splattered waste all over the toilet seat rendering it unusable.

Then to come back and see he himself cannot use that toilet so he goes and sits his dirty ass on the other toilet leaving a decorative picture of his ass imprinted on the seat in his own filthy shit.

People like this should be shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      wtf?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                        wtfs?
                        fify
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• People who pronounce the word Sunday "SUN-dee". If you are a Priesthood leader and you do this, I am taking everything you say with a grain assault.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            People who pronounce the word Sunday "SUN-dee". If you are a Priesthood leader and you do this, I am taking everything you say with a grain assault.
                            It usually means they are from the Midwest.
                            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              People who pronounce the word Sunday "SUN-dee". If you are a Priesthood leader and you do this, I am taking everything you say with a grain assault.
                              We listened to a lady who loved saying the word often as OFF-TEN with extra emphasis on the T. Very distracting.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                                We listened to a lady who loved saying the word often as OFF-TEN with extra emphasis on the T. Very distracting.
                                If you look in Webster's Dictionary, it has both pronunciations listed. But the one that is pronounced the same as "soften" is first. The other way annoys me too and for some reason the biggest offenders tend to use that word a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X