No announcement yet.

Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever had a small sliver or pebble or something in your sock and it is driving you crazy? The small sliver is especially annoying. It pokes at your foot or itches but when you go to find it, it hides within the weave of the cotton. Then you put your sock back on and it starts poking again.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• People who show up to play basketball without properly trimmed fingernails.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
        People who show up to play basketball without properly trimmed fingernails.
        People who play with watches and rings.
        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
          People who play with watches and rings.
          Or necklaces.
          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            Has anyone ever had a small sliver or pebble or something in your sock and it is driving you crazy? The small sliver is especially annoying. It pokes at your foot or itches but when you go to find it, it hides within the weave of the cotton. Then you put your sock back on and it starts poking again.
            I hate that!

Or how about when you first get on your motorcycle in the morning, and the seat is a bit damp from the morning dew, and then your pants are damp, and something about the damp pants makes them pull on the little hairs on your butt and upper thighs, so that NO seated position on the motorcycle is truly comfortable...

Comment

• Being the guy that walks into the bathroom right after someone got done blowing it up, only to have someone else walk in while you're washing your hands and they wrinkle their nose and give you a disgusted look.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                I hate that!

Or how about when you first get on your motorcycle in the morning, and the seat is a bit damp from the morning dew, and then your pants are damp, and something about the damp pants makes them pull on the little hairs on your butt and upper thighs, so that NO seated position on the motorcycle is truly comfortable...
                That sounds like something a towel (or even a shirt sleeve) would fix.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  Being the guy that walks into the bathroom right after someone got done blowing it up, only to have someone else walk in while you're washing your hands and they wrinkle their nose and give you a disgusted look.
                  I actually enjoy taking credit. I usually say something like, "whew...I feel so much better."

This way the disgusted look is actually warranted.

Comment

• I just encountered my biggest pet peeve: When a person at my firm sends out an "all attorney" email asking for a good DUI attorney. Someone from our Dallas office just sent one out, and then had the nerve 15 mins later to send a "please don't send any more referrals email" out. I goodled "DUI Attorney Houston", copied and pasted the results and sent them to her in an email. I also let her know that I know lots of good capital murder attorneys if she's ever in need.

I know, I'll be "that guy" in the Houston office, but that seriously drives me insane. I was nearly killed by a drunk driver in late '08, so it strikes a nerve.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• I'm standing in line at the post office and this BYU-I co-ed is standing behind me talking on her phone. I had no idea who she was talking to but she was talking about these three boys she liked and where they all fit in her life and then she started talking about an interview she had with her bishop. I didn't want to know all this stuff and I can't imagine anybody else in line wanted to either. I find it strange that people throw out so much personal information on the phone while MANY people are around them.

Comment

• We had our ward Christmas party last night, and I was asked by the RS pres to take pictures of all the kids sitting (one by one) on Santa's lap. She said she'd take the pics to Costco to get one print made for each picture. The RS pres then had a whole bunch of her grandkids (who don't live in the ward) crash the party. If I was still using wet film, I'd have told her to jump in the lake. With digital, it wasn't all that bad, but I hope she's not going to bill the ward for her grandkids' pics.

Just as bad, if not worse, was my neighbor, who sidled up to me and asked if I could make 3 copies for her. I gave her a funny look and said I was giving the image files to the RS pres. Why do people think others should pay for all their stuff? If you want extra pics, pay for them yourself. Sheesh. Maybe I should slap a copyright notice across every kid's face. (I guess I'm assuming she wanted them for free; she didn't say anything about paying for extra prints.)

Speaking of which, do any of you bother putting copyrights on ward pictures?

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                          We had our ward Christmas party last night, and I was asked by the RS pres to take pictures of all the kids sitting (one by one) on Santa's lap. She said she'd take the pics to Costco to get one print made for each picture. The RS pres then had a whole bunch of her grandkids (who don't live in the ward) crash the party. If I was still using wet film, I'd have told her to jump in the lake. With digital, it wasn't all that bad, but I hope she's not going to bill the ward for her grandkids' pics.

Just as bad, if not worse, was my neighbor, who sidled up to me and asked if I could make 3 copies for her. I gave her a funny look and said I was giving the image files to the RS pres. Why do people think others should pay for all their stuff? If you want extra pics, pay for them yourself. Sheesh. Maybe I should slap a copyright notice across every kid's face. (I guess I'm assuming she wanted them for free; she didn't say anything about paying for extra prints.)

Speaking of which, do any of you bother putting copyrights on ward pictures?
                          I just read in the Ensign that the Church has established a website where members can deposit wholesome media (pictures, songs, music, etc) so that it can be used by the Church and others in need of such. Maybe you could make a deposit.
                          "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                            I just read in the Ensign that the Church has established a website where members can deposit wholesome media (pictures, songs, music, etc) so that it can be used by the Church and others in need of such. Maybe you could make a deposit.
                            How long before someone accidentally deposits some, um, unseemly photographs?
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              How long before someone accidentally deposits some, um, unseemly photographs?
                              Wouldn't be surprised if someone already did. Who gets the job of combing through the submissions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                                That would be pretty funny. Think they'd use pics of kids on Santa's lap in the Ensign or Friend?

Comment

Working...
                                X