Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    It probably takes me 10 to 12 minutes.
    that's impressive. A regular shave with cream and a blade would always take me about 20 minutes. Adding a hot towel is nice, but I never had time. I haven't been shaving for a couple of years.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      man, how long does all that take? I skipped shaving today (for the 4th straight day) because I didn't want to take the extra 5 minutes.
      I'll often do the same thing - usually Wed/Thur - Sundayish. I typically shave 2-3 times per week.

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      I skipped shaving today, too. For the 30th straight day. Mountain man beard is in full bloom.
      Where are the pictures of the growth?
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

After three months of shaving with concentrated cream, etc., Here's what I've found works best for me.

1. Use a hot towel against my face.

2. Art of shaving shave oil. I put the bottle in my sink with hot water to thin it out a bit and get better coverage.

3. Art of Shaving sandalwood cream. It's pricy, but I use much less of it than I did the Prosaro. I don't get it to full lather, and put it on a little thick. After I brush it on, I put a bit of hot water on my brush, then use the brush to improve the lather on my face. More than anything, the hot water seems to help preven razor burn.

4. Shave with the grain.

5. Reapply shaving cream, then shave perpindicular (not against) the grain.

6. Apply aftershave (I use Nivea for sensitive skin).

I use the blade for two shaves. After day 1, I flip the razor over (this provide marginal benefit). I tried to stretch it to 3 shaves, and my razor burn flared up.

I went from shaving every two or three days to avoid razor burn to having almost no razor burn at all.
        Similar to what I do, except I hardly use the shave oil anymore. Didn't really do much for me. You could use olive oil and get about the same result. I just got the AOS Sandlewood shave soap and really like it. I used the cream previously and really liked it as well. I use the AOS sandalwood aftershave balm. I usually get 3-4 shaves per blade until I flip it. I find the best shaves are the second and third shaves. The first shaves close, but seems harsh.
        "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• Shower first
          Proraso sandalwood soap (love the smell)
          Tues/Thurs = 1 pass, Sunday = additional pass against the grain
          Clubman after shave

Change my blade each Sunday, shave time = 10 minutes or less

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
            Similar to what I do, except I hardly use the shave oil anymore. Didn't really do much for me. You could use olive oil and get about the same result. I just got the AOS Sandlewood shave soap and really like it. I used the cream previously and really liked it as well. I use the AOS sandalwood aftershave balm. I usually get 3-4 shaves per blade until I flip it. I find the best shaves are the second and third shaves. The first shaves close, but seems harsh.
            Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
            Shower first
            Proraso sandalwood soap (love the smell)
            Tues/Thurs = 1 pass, Sunday = additional pass against the grain
            Clubman after shave

Change my blade each Sunday, shave time = 10 minutes or less
            What blades are you guys using?
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• I am going through a sampler pack I got off Amazon. Right now I am using Gillette 7 o'clock super stainless blades. Seem pretty sharp and give a pretty smooth shave.
              "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• 1. Shower
                2. run over the face with a beard trimmer set to 1
                3. shave neck with a mach 3 (or 4 or 5 - not sure what it is)

No fuss no muss
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  1. Shower
                  2. run over the face with a beard trimmer set to 1
                  3. shave neck with a mach 3 (or 4 or 5 - not sure what it is)

No fuss no muss
                  Mine routine is eerily similar, except I skip steps 2 and 3.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    Mine routine is eerily similar, except I skip steps 2 and 3.
                    Nair?
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Nair?
                      I'm guessing more like this:

dan-haggerty.jpg
                      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                        I'm guessing more like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4648[/ATTACH]
                        I cut my hair a while back, so I'm working more towards this:
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Yeah I was growing a beard a few years ago. I never let it get too long but reconsidered having a beard altogether when someone told me I look like the guy from the Hangover.

Comment

Yeah I was growing a beard a few years ago. I never let it get too long but reconsidered having a beard altogether when someone told me I look like the guy from the Hangover.

Nonsense. I've never seen you with a beard, but I know you would look an awful lot like Steve Zahn with a beard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Nonsense. I've never seen you with a beard, but I know you would look an awful lot like Steve Zahn with a beard.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

What blades are you guys using?
                                I got a variety pack from Amazon and have tried different kinds. Some Israeli-made no-name. Astra - Russian made. Sharp - I think they're also Russian made or somewhere in eastern Europe but they're made with "Swiss Technology!", Shark - Egypt made, etc. So far I've liked the Sharp the best and the Israeli no-name the least. I also didn't think the German Merkur blades that came with my razor weren't that great. That being said, I'm not a real blade connoisseur and I change blades so frequently that I'm fine with pretty much any decent blade.

This sampler pack is pretty cool. 23 different kinds of blades although your cost per blade is double the cost of the other sample pack. Even at $.05 a blade it's still cheap enough that I wouldn't worry about it. Far cheaper than the $3.00+ per head that Gillette Fusion cartridges costs.

Comment

Working...
                                X