Looking for a sofa sleeper

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Fiyero
    Banned
    • Nov 2008
    • 5266

    #1

    Looking for a sofa sleeper

    I just moved to Salt Lake, into a studio downtown. Since there's no bedroom, a sofa sleeper seems like a good choice but I don't know if I've ever been on one where you don't feel the bar in the middle of your back. Any recommendations on a comfortable brand?
  • SeattleUte
    Faith crisis consultant
    • Nov 2008
    • 20837

    #2
    Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
    I just moved to Salt Lake, into a studio downtown. Since there's no bedroom, a sofa sleeper seems like a good choice but I don't know if I've ever been on one where you don't feel the bar in the middle of your back. Any recommendations on a comfortable brand?
    I'd get a futon on a wooden bracket that you can easily fold into a couch. It's less dorky, probably cheaper, lighter, and there's no bar. You'll have to turn it over every once in a while because a trough forms. That may be ameliorated somewhat by its functioning as a couch. You may want to buy a few different covers for it.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    --Jonathan Swift

    Comment

    • YOhio
      Hipster Mode
      • Nov 2008
      • 26165

      #3
      You should get one of those wall beds that flip up and down that you occasionally see on tv or in a movie. Growing up I was fascinated by the concept that you could flip your bed into the wall.

      Comment

      • UtahDan
        *
        • Nov 2008
        • 14496

        #4
        Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
        I just moved to Salt Lake, into a studio downtown. Since there's no bedroom, a sofa sleeper seems like a good choice but I don't know if I've ever been on one where you don't feel the bar in the middle of your back. Any recommendations on a comfortable brand?
        I know many of us have wondered where you would land and hoped that things were improving in your life. Mind saying, if not here then in the speasy, how SLC came about? If not, no biggie. Hope it is a very positive move any any event.

        Comment

        • Hallelujah
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 2741

          #5
          Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
          I just moved to Salt Lake, into a studio downtown. Since there's no bedroom, a sofa sleeper seems like a good choice but I don't know if I've ever been on one where you don't feel the bar in the middle of your back. Any recommendations on a comfortable brand?
          Get a sofa sleeper and put one of those Costco 3" foam mattresses on it. Try that.

          Comment

          • cougjunkie
            *Banned*
            • Nov 2008
            • 23223

            #6
            I have a futon from RC Willey, the frame was about 99 bucks, I paid $400 for the Mattress. It is a lot more comfortable then even our pillowtop bed. The mattress has a crazy warranty on it too, in fact the paperwork says that a 300 pound man can sleep on it everyday for 10 years and it would only compress the width of a dime. You dont feel the bar at all.
            *Banned*

            Comment

            Working...