X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D, tell USC enough already

My little girl is not interested.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

SC needs to meet it's affirmative action quotas, just like everyone else.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

So what is the quota for non-African American, non-Asian, non-Pacific Islander, non-Hispanic, non-Native American, non-Other, half-Italian French-speaking straight Mormon girls that can play the piano? That said, in our immediate family she is one of the three that we consider members "of color" (the other three of us are pasty-white Northern European types). Maybe that explains all the attention.

Even so, no means no.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        So what is the quota for non-African American, non-Asian, non-Pacific Islander, non-Hispanic, non-Native American, non-Other
        Sounds like she could be a Song Girl!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Sounds like she could be a Song Girl!
          She's neither blonde nor 6-feet tall.

This whole thing raises some questions for me. Naturally she has received mail from all Tennessee schools and most SEC schools, along with a bunch of obscure liberal arts colleges. The outliers are USC and U of Miami. I didn't realize those two schools were such national recruiters.

Interestingly, she has heard nothing from BYU and only a small pamphlet from BYU-I. I guess they've adopted Bronco's approach to recruiting.

Comment

She's neither blonde nor 6-feet tall.

This whole thing raises some questions for me. Naturally she has received mail from all Tennessee schools and most SEC schools, along with a bunch of obscure liberal arts colleges. The outliers are USC and U of Miami. I didn't realize those two schools were such national recruiters.

Interestingly, she has heard nothing from BYU and only a small pamphlet from BYU-I. I guess they've adopted Bronco's approach to recruiting.
            Where does she want to go? And what does she want to study?

sigpic

Comment

Civil disobedience to antitrust law as it applies to college athletics.

EDIT: Wait, I guess I got that backwards. I should say "Civil disobedience to violations of antitrust law as it applies to college athletics."
              Last edited by ERCougar; 11-19-2008, 11:46 AM.
              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

My years as an avid Cougar Fan have her wanting to go to no other place. Her mother's influence has been heavy as well. As for her interests, she loves writing, but I think she will declare as a Ed major and go from there.

Comment

So what is the quota for non-African American, non-Asian, non-Pacific Islander, non-Hispanic, non-Native American, non-Other, half-Italian French-speaking straight Mormon girls that can play the piano? That said, in our immediate family she is one of the three that we consider members "of color" (the other three of us are pasty-white Northern European types). Maybe that explains all the attention.

Even so, no means no.
                  You're making the right choice. SC is located in the ghetto and it's campus is strewn with F*** tha Police graffiti.

Comment

Originally posted by SipiTau View Post
                    You're making the right choice. SC is located in the ghetto and it's campus is strewn with F*** tha Police graffiti.
                    lol. that is classic.

At the luckeye game, we were tailgating all day by Tommy Trojan...literally right by him, about 15 yards away. There was a DJ tent right next to us and was really loud....maybe you heard it.

Anyway, some OSU boosters struck up a conversation and one of the older guys said that he was surprised because he expected there to be "a lot of gangs" on campus."

I love tourists.

PS sipi, do you ever rock those grilled polish sausage things the mexican women sell after the football games? After the Kal game, my brother and I found one lady selling them for about $3 each, which was a steal. If the academics and the sports isnt enough of a draw, perhaps those grilled sausages would seal the deal. Those things are insane.

sigpic

Comment

lol. that is classic.

At the luckeye game, we were tailgating all day by Tommy Trojan...literally right by him, about 15 yards away. There was a DJ tent right next to us and was really loud....maybe you heard it.

Anyway, some OSU boosters struck up a conversation and one of the older guys said that he was surprised because he expected there to be "a lot of gangs" on campus."

I love tourists.

PS sipi, do you ever rock those grilled polish sausage things the mexican women sell after the football games? After the Kal game, my brother and I found one lady selling them for about $3 each, which was a steal. If the academics and the sports isnt enough of a draw, perhaps those grilled sausages would seal the deal. Those things are insane.
                      Bacon wrapped dogs are a post game tradition in the sipitau family. We had to trek over to the Rose Garden to get them, but my mom ended up befriending one of the vendors and we now get curbside service..

Comment

Bacon wrapped dogs are a post game tradition in the sipitau family. We had to trek over to the Rose Garden to get them, but my mom ended up befriending one of the vendors and we now get curbside service..
                        Yes, we generally get them on our way through the Rose Garden, as well. Buy some dogs, cross the street, kick the flagpoles, cut through campus to the parking structures.

This time, we parked in the other direction...heading towards Broadway. So we followed the stream of people that were going to the Staples Center shuttles and discovered a bunch of the vendors there...selling for $3. The Rose Garden women are usually asking $5.

I think I am going to do that from now on. Plus, parking is free.

sigpic

Comment

They were selling them outside the Rose Bowl at the BYU game last year. Got one when the cougars played at the coliseum as well. My SC coworker calls them 'ghetto dogs'. Not sure if that is the official term.

nothing better than meat wrapped in meat.

Comment

Working...
                          X