Where have you lived, and where would you move back to?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • statman
    Rabblerouser
    • Aug 2009
    • 2799

    #1

    Where have you lived, and where would you move back to?

    I've lived in:
    Upstate NY (Schenectady (Scotia)),
    Connecticut (New Haven (Orange)),
    South Carolina (Columbia),
    North Carolina (Charlotte),
    Texas (Ft. Worth),
    Illinois (NW suburbs (Gilberts)), and
    Utah (Lehi).

    Upstate NY - yes, but only because of family (that I like). Otherwise No.
    CT - No.
    South Carolina - Yes.
    North Carolina - Yes.
    Texas - HELL yes!
    IL - HELL no!
    UT - Yes.
  • happyone
    Board Bookworm
    • Mar 2009
    • 5398

    #2
    Where I have lived

    Utah - Davis county - currently
    Washington - Tacoma
    Oklahoma - Lawton ( multiple times)
    Texas - Killeen, Mineral Wells
    Tennessee - Clarksville
    Georgia - Augusta
    Germany - Nuremberg area

    There is no area that I absolutely hate, but my favorites if I ever moved from here are

    Tennesse, Washington or Germany

    edit - how could I forget Japan - Kobe/Osaka/Kyoto - yes
    Last edited by happyone; 02-21-2011, 03:26 PM.

    I may be small, but I'm slow.

    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

    Comment

    • KillerDog
      a.k.a. K-dog
      • Feb 2009
      • 4196

      #3
      Utah, SLC -- Yes
      Utah, Utah County -- Yes
      California, S.F. Bay Area -- Yes
      New Jersey, Jersey Shore -- Yes
      Nevada, Las Vegas -- Yes

      Comment

      • MarkGrace
        Grooveshark dick tease
        • Dec 2008
        • 31546

        #4
        Kaneohe, Hawai'i - no

        Seattle, WA - would move back if I ever left

        Davis County, UT - no interest in going back

        Washington DC - would live there again, though the horrible weather would alwasy be a challenge

        Susanville, CA - have night terrors about this place. couldn't pay me enough to go back there

        Merida, Mexico - there are areas around here where i would live

        Other places beyond those above that I would live: SF, NYC, Chicago.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #5
          Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
          Utah, SLC -- Yes
          Utah, Utah County -- Yes
          California, S.F. Bay Area -- Yes
          New Jersey, Jersey Shore -- Yes
          Nevada, Las Vegas -- Yes
          Well you're easy to please.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • Pheidippides
            Liberal Feminazi
            • Nov 2008
            • 14759

            #6
            Utah - no. Maybe S. Utah would be a yes.
            Tokyo - yes.
            New York - yes, but only if I didn't have kids.
            New Jersey - no.
            Montana - no, until my in-laws are gone.
            Texas - I love it here.
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

            Comment

            • Indy Coug
              Heartless Bastard
              • Dec 2008
              • 18747

              #7
              Provo - Maybe
              Kingsville, TX - No
              Idaho Falls, ID - No
              The Hague, Holland - Hell No
              Ras Tanura, Saudi Arabia - Hell No
              Chattanooga, TN - Maybe
              London/East Anglia, England - Hell No
              Murray/Midvale - Maybe, slightly more likely than Provo
              Noblesville, IN - Definitely Yes
              Castle Rock, CO - YES!!!!
              Where I currently live out East - Hell No
              Everything in life is an approximation.

              http://twitter.com/CougarStats

              Comment

              • FN Phat
                I ♥ gateway sex
                • Feb 2009
                • 8691

                #8
                Boise, ID --- In a heartbeat
                Theresa, NY (Upstate) --- No
                Windsor, CT --- Hell No
                Somers, CT --- Take the scenery and small town and take it out of CT, Yes. If it stays in CT --- Hell no
                Baldwinsville, NY (suburb of Syracuse) --- No (too rainy/overcast)
                Middleton, ID (three times) --- This is where I still consider home
                Fredericksburg, VA (twice)--- If I had a job that would pay me enough
                Cleveland, OH --- Yes, if I can go back to the Warehouse District
                Defiance, OH --- No
                Paducah, KY --- I am stuck in this eternal hell for another 5+ years
                I'm your huckleberry.


                "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                Comment

                • wuapinmon
                  Soul Plumber
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 30711

                  #9
                  Birmingham, Alabama = Yes
                  Vero Beach, Florida That's as close to Dodgers fans as I can stomach
                  Dillard, Georgia = Only if I were rich
                  Acworth, Georgia = too many Yankees now, but I do love it
                  Costa Rica = Without a second thought
                  Provo, Utah = probably not, but maybe. The winters are too cold
                  New Orleans = tomorrow, if I could afford it
                  Hartsville, SC = I like it here.
                  "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                  The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                  Comment

                  • FMCoug
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 6825

                    #10
                    Grand Rapids, MI - Moved away at 5 so no idea.
                    (insert string of MI foster homes here ... hell no)

                    SoCal
                    Altadena - Used to be the 'hood but becoming gentrified so maybe.
                    Garden Grove, CA - Nope. It is now Little Saigon
                    Covina, CA - Yes.

                    In reality I'd live in SoCal again but probably not in any of the above

                    Mission areas:
                    Beaver Falls, PA - Yes
                    Moundsville, WV - No
                    Jamestown, NY - No
                    Butler, PA - No
                    Bethlel Park , PA - Yes

                    Basically I'd live in Pittsburgh suburbs ... but not the rural areas I served.

                    Rexburg, ID - No
                    Logan, UT - No
                    Salt Lake City, UT - No
                    Lehi, UT - No
                    Tulsa, OK - Yes
                    Flower Mound, TX - HELL YES
                    Rockwall, TX - HELL YES
                    Kaysville, UT - No
                    Cedar Hills, UT - No
                    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                    Comment

                    • SoCalCoug
                      Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 5214

                      #11
                      Glendora, CA: No.
                      Greer/Greenville, SC: No.
                      Provo, UT: No.
                      Chicago/suburbs (mission): No.
                      Laguna Hills, CA: Yes.
                      Dana Point, CA: Yes.
                      Rancho Santa Margarita, CA: Yes.
                      Laguna Niguel, CA: Yes.

                      Yeah, there's a pattern here.
                      If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

                      "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

                      "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

                      Comment

                      • smokymountainrain
                        Impressive Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22593

                        #12
                        Vernal, UT - no
                        Montevideo Uruguay - there are places I could live
                        Logan, UT - yes
                        Murray, UT - yes
                        Buena Vista, VA - no
                        West Jordan, UT - no
                        Edmonds, WA - yes
                        Renton, WA - no
                        Issaquah, WA - yes - the best place I've lived so far
                        Sandy, UT - yes
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

                        Comment

                        • oxcoug
                          Dolphins Rape Hipsters
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 5309

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                          Chattanooga, TN - Maybe
                          London/East Anglia, England - Hell No
                          I actually liked Chattanooga when I visited there. But it was just for a day.

                          London is amazing - where/whether I cld live there would depend entirely on the budget, but there are some great areas. Also depends slightly on your tolerance for rain, and mine is high.

                          Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                          Boise, ID
                          Fredericksburg, VA (twice)--- If I had a job that would pay me enough
                          Spent a day in Fredericksburg a couple years back and actually tagged it mentally as a place I could consider living if I ever needed to locate permanently in NoVa.

                          Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                          Washington DC - would live there again, though the horrible weather would alwasy be a challenge
                          Interesting. Never thought of DC as having horrible weather. Winters are relatively mild - I assume you're referring to the humidity the rest of the year? Yeah, Ok that does suck.
                          Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

                          It can't all be wedding cake.

                          Comment

                          • Jarid in Cedar
                            CS Institutional Memory
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 13234

                            #14
                            Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            Vernal, UT - no
                            Montevideo Uruguay - there are places I could live
                            Logan, UT - yes
                            Murray, UT - yes
                            Buena Vista, VA - no
                            West Jordan, UT - no
                            Edmonds, WA - yes
                            Renton, WA - no
                            Issaquah, WA - yes - the best place I've lived so far
                            Sandy, UT - yes


                            What did you not like about Vernal? It is a great place to live if you like the outdoors. Great fishing and hunting. Flaming Gorge is awesome.
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                            "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                            "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                            -Rick Majerus

                            Comment

                            • New Mexican Disaster
                              Suomalainen
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 4549

                              #15
                              Indianapolis, IN-yeah, sure, why not
                              S.H.A.P.E., Belgium-absolutely
                              Spanish Fork , UT-no, bad memories.
                              Provo, UT-maybe, overall it is a nice place.
                              Tuscaloosa, AL-my favorite place of all time.
                              San Diego, CA-not under any circumstances other than life and death.
                              San Ramon, CA-I would choose San Diego first.
                              Roswell, NM-I like it here a lot, except for the tea party element.

                              Comment

                              Working...