The OFFICIAL Shoelace Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Clark Addison
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 10312

    #1

    The OFFICIAL Shoelace Thread

    This is an important thread that I'm sure will be often referred to and be in contention for next year's Cuffies.

    Here is my question: Is there anyplace to buy quality shoelaces?

    Here is the background: When I buy shoes (I am mainly talking about dress or casual shoes, not sports shoes), they often have nice shoelaces. They are often thick. making them easier to tie, more resistant to wear, and less prone to fall into difficult knots. They are sometimes made of nice materials or patterns. Unfortunately, they invariably wear out (I am not easy on shoelaces), and I am forced to find replacements. When I do so, the only laces I can find are the cheap standard laces found in any Target.

    I would assume there is someplace to buy nicer shoelaces, but it is hard to judge the quality of a lace online. Does anyone have a solution to this, or am I forced to endure sub-prime shoelaces?
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #2
    Not to divert, but can we include discussion of aglets here or should I start a new thread?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • Clark Addison
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 10312

      #3
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Not to divert, but can we include discussion of aglets here or should I start a new thread?
      Allowed

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #4
        Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
        Allowed
        Sweet! I was just watching Phineas and Ferb with the Puffy Check on Saturday and there was a hilarious episode about aglets. They sang this really catchy tune which I think everyone should enjoy.

        As usual, Candace was really mad at P&F!

        [YOUTUBE]Evcsj1gx1CE[/YOUTUBE]
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • YOhio
          Hipster Mode
          • Nov 2008
          • 26165

          #5
          Visit a local shoe-repair shop and they will have a wide selection of laces from which you can choose.

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37988

            #6
            I am glad you started this important thread, Clark. I too have long wondered where I can get nice, new quality shoelaces in an APPROPRIATE SIZE.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • woot
              Resident Science Cop
              • Nov 2008
              • 5531

              #7
              Shoelace?

              Comment

              • DapperDan
                Whut?
                • Mar 2010
                • 1132

                #8
                Concerned that you are wasting valuable fractions of seconds every day?

                Well worry no more! By using the Ian Knot technique, you too can reclaim valuable lost fractions of seconds every day!



                Just look at the beauty and simplicity that is the Ian Knot. Act now to reclaim that valuable minute you would otherwise lose to a lifetime of slow shoelace tying.

                And for you mobile users with memory problems, try our new iPhone and iPad app!

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #9
                  Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                  Concerned that you are wasting valuable fractions of seconds every day?

                  Well worry no more! By using the Ian Knot technique, you too can reclaim valuable lost fractions of seconds every day!



                  Just look at the beauty and simplicity that is the Ian Knot. Act now to reclaim that valuable minute you would otherwise lose to a lifetime of slow shoelace tying.

                  And for you mobile users with memory problems, try our new iPhone and iPad app!
                  This is how Gidget ties her shoes. It blew me away the first time I saw it.

                  Also, thanks to Runner's World I learned that I tie my shoes wrong.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • old_gregg
                    scaly man fish
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 16915

                    #10
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                    Comment

                    • Clark Addison
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 10312

                      #11
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Visit a local shoe-repair shop and they will have a wide selection of laces from which you can choose.
                      Hmm. My primary cobbler has the same lame supply that a department store has. Maybe I will have to try another.

                      Comment

                      • creekster
                        It is NOT a monkey!
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22661

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                        Hmm. My primary cobbler has the same lame supply that a department store has. Maybe I will have to try another.
                        Do you zLso have a secondary or tertiary cobbler?
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                        Comment

                        • Lost Student
                          BAND!
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 4324

                          #13
                          Mmmm... tertiary cobbler

                          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 37988

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                            This is an important thread that I'm sure will be often referred to and be in contention for next year's Cuffies.

                            Here is my question: Is there anyplace to buy quality shoelaces?

                            Here is the background: When I buy shoes (I am mainly talking about dress or casual shoes, not sports shoes), they often have nice shoelaces. They are often thick. making them easier to tie, more resistant to wear, and less prone to fall into difficult knots. They are sometimes made of nice materials or patterns. Unfortunately, they invariably wear out (I am not easy on shoelaces), and I am forced to find replacements. When I do so, the only laces I can find are the cheap standard laces found in any Target.

                            I would assume there is someplace to buy nicer shoelaces, but it is hard to judge the quality of a lace online. Does anyone have a solution to this, or am I forced to endure sub-prime shoelaces?
                            Clark, I hope you have not been suffering lo these many years with poor replacement shoelaces. In case you have, I have been meaning to update this thread for some time, as I have found a very good supplier of quality replacement shoelaces. None of those thin, short, waxed nylon pieces of garbage they sell at Target.

                            LACCICO: Premium shoelaces made from waxed cotton. Craftsmanship, tear-resistant and elegant. Discover round and flat laces for every shoe.


                            http://www.amazon.com/LACCICO-Shoela...ilpage_o01_s00

                            They come from Germany, so it can take a little longer than just running to the store, but in my opinion they are worth the wait.
                            Last edited by falafel; 04-06-2016, 09:13 AM.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Blueintheface
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 15382

                              #15
                              Yes, this site is dying.
                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                              "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                              Comment

                              Working...