How much time do you allow for cleaning, before wife returns?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
    Time to camp
    • Nov 2008
    • 26082

    #1

    How much time do you allow for cleaning, before wife returns?

    I am thinking 2 hours should put the house back into a reasonable condition.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke
  • marsupial
    Mississippi Queen
    • Nov 2008
    • 3678

    #2
    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I am thinking 2 hours should put the house back into a reasonable condition.
    Naw, leave it how it is. Teach her for leaving you alone with the kids.
    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
    -Teenage Dirtbag

    Comment

    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
      Time to camp
      • Nov 2008
      • 26082

      #3
      Originally posted by marsupial View Post
      Naw, leave it how it is. Teach her for leaving you alone with the kids.
      I was only left with 1 kid, but I did buy her (the kid) a whole new wardrobe.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

      Comment

      • Slim
        Straight Out the Trailer
        • Jul 2009
        • 1007

        #4
        1-1.5hrs is usually my average.

        Comment

        • smokymountainrain
          Impressive Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 22593

          #5
          45 minutes should do the trick. You don't want to strain yourself, HFN. Besides, you've got football to watch.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

          Comment

          • Hot Lunch
            Out of Office
            • Nov 2008
            • 7842

            #6
            Originally posted by marsupial View Post
            Naw, leave it how it is. Teach her for leaving you alone with the kids.
            This isn't good advice. I did this once and it wasn't well received.

            I always give myself about an hour to get it back in order.
            "Take it to the Bank"

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69689

              #7
              Don't be a fool. Give yourself plenty of time. You will either be a bum or a hero when she gets back. No middle ground on this one.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • San Juan Sun
                Kicked to the curb
                • Dec 2009
                • 9214

                #8
                It's important to moderate your messiness while your spouse is gone. Not all of us clean like Elizabeth Shue in "Adventures in Babysitting".
                "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                - Ty Cobb

                Comment

                • New Mexican Disaster
                  Suomalainen
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 4549

                  #9
                  The house will always be cleaner than when she left because she is not there. She is truly a New Mexican Disastress.

                  Comment

                  • UtahDan
                    *
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 14496

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                    This isn't good advice. I did this once and it wasn't well received.

                    I always give myself about an hour to get it back in order.
                    How clean was the house when you returned from Dallas last fall?

                    Comment

                    • DrumNFeather
                      Invisible Swordsman
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 8854

                      #11
                      Never enough...
                      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                      Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                      Comment

                      • clackamascoug
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 9709

                        #12
                        One Hour, and that's if my foot print was light. Two hours if I had guys over to watch a game.

                        The worst days of my life are the day before my wife's mother comes to visit.

                        Comment

                        • Moliere
                          One man.....one pie
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 27878

                          #13
                          I depends on how much welcome-home-nookie you want

                          Here's what I do.

                          I always do the dishes but I leave them in the dishwasher with the "Finished" light on. If a man cleans a dish and no one is around to see it did it really happen?
                          I will wash the clothes and fold them and put them into the baskets but leave them in the kids rooms. I always mess up putting them away plus then she sees that I did the laundry.
                          I do one big cleaning job (cleaning out the fridge, cleaning the blinds, organizing the closet, etc.)

                          It also helps if you look/act tired when she gets home.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                          Comment

                          • PaloAltoCougar
                            Semper infra dignitatem
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 16936

                            #14
                            (Number of days wife has been gone) x (number of children at home with you, including yourself) x 10 minutes, divided by (number of days you're willing to go without sex + 1)

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #15
                              Does this mean that, in general, many of you don't do much cleaning around the house?
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...