Greenwich village

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenwich village

I am spending this week in NYC for work and it is looking like I will have tomorrow afternoon free (as well as most of Saturday). I have spent a fair amount of time in NYC before but have never really explored Greenwich Village. Any suggestions as to what to do/look for there? Good food spots, etc.? Alternatively, any suggestions for someone who has some experience as a tourist in NYC, something off the beaten path?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

There is a very cool coal oven pizza place that I love, called Arturo's. They have live jazz playing every night, and the pizza is phenomenal. Coal ovens are quite a bit hotter than wood-fired or others so it has a unique finish to the crust and toppings. Very highly recommended.

There are bunch of places called Arturo's, but the original is (I had to look it up) at 106 West Houston St, just before Thompson.

Imagine The Pie Pizzeria at the U, but with 50 times the ambiance, mind-blowing pizza, and great jazz.

I highly recommend it, if jazz and pizza sound interesting. Otherwise there are many great restaurants in the area.

Comment

Tnanks for the suggestion. Due to scheduling issues (work gets in the way AGAIN) I was unable to get there in the evening, and instead wandered down that way from mid town by foot on Saturday morning. I came across this place

http://www.morandiny.com/index.php

and enjoyed their brunch menu very much. I recommend the place. It was very popular in the neighborhood; lots of young but obviously doing pretty well families. It had a nice feel and the food was quite good.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I will add to the thread that I quite enjoyed GV. I did a self-guided walking tour taking in the local highlights (as determined by some web site I cam across) and while I have no idea if I saw all the cool stuff there, I did enjoy the setting and found abnother part of NYC I like.

Joe Bob says: Check it out.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking
          LOL.
          Yup, the Pie was awesome when I was 16 and didn't know any better. Hence the reference.

He asked for a food reference, and I gave a fun/cheap one.

Comment

Working...
          X