If you use contacts you might like this

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • oxcoug
    Dolphins Rape Hipsters
    • Dec 2009
    • 5309

    #1

    If you use contacts you might like this

    A mid-depth cap with classic style for any occasion, this Nike Club Cap comes in smooth cotton twill that's been softly washed for casual, daily comfort. Soft and unstructured, the precurved bill makes for easy styling, and the adjustable back-strap lets you find the right fit. Nike Hat Size 6 1/2 6 5/8 6 3/4 6 7/8 7 7 1/8 7 1/4 7 3/8 7 1/2 7 5/8 7 3/4 Head Size (CM) 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 Alpha Size - - XS - S - M - L - XL Swhoosh Flex - XS/S XS/S XS/S - GAME ONLINE XS/S - GAME ONLINE GAME ONLINE - GLORY777 - OS GAME ONLINE - GLORY777 - OS GLORY777 - GAME ONLINE - OS GLORY777 - GAME ONLINE - OS GAME ONLINE - XL-XXL GAME ONLINE - XL-XXL Adjustable GAME ONLINE XS XS XS - S - OS XS - S - OS XS - S - OS XS -S - OS S - OS S - OS - XL OS - XL OS - XL XL Adjustable Women's S S S - OS S - OS S - OS S - OS OS - L OS - L L L L Dual Size GAME ONLINE - - - XS/S - GAME ONLINE - GLORY777 - GAME ONLINE - Dual Size Women's - - GAME ONLINE - GLORY777 - GAME ONLINE - - - - Size Disclaimer: There may be a 1-2cm difference in measurements depending on the development and manufacturing process. Color Disclaimer: Actual colors may vary. This is due to the fact that every computer monitor has a different capability to display colors, we cannot guarantee that the color you see accurately portrays the true color of the product.


    Top quality contacts for 9.99, six lenses.

    Disclosure - the company was just launched by a buddy of mine. But it really is a pretty good deal. And that's not just an early, customer acquisition price point it's how they're going to do it in the long term.
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

    It can't all be wedding cake.
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 37996

    #2
    What are "high definition" contacts? Have I been using standard def contacts all these years?!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
      Time to camp
      • Nov 2008
      • 26082

      #3
      I'll give them a try, I was just going to order contacts this afternoon anyway.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

      Comment

      • UtahDan
        *
        • Nov 2008
        • 14496

        #4
        Originally posted by falafel View Post
        What are "high definition" contacts? Have I been using standard def contacts all these years?!
        Clever marketing.

        Comment

        • filsdepac
          No pun intended
          • May 2009
          • 1823

          #5
          I think we're all awaiting to see if Art Vandelay endorses this. Once he declines, I'll buy.

          Comment

          • Art Vandelay
            Striving for mediocrity
            • Jul 2009
            • 10516

            #6
            Originally posted by filsdepac View Post
            I think we're all awaiting to see if Art Vandelay endorses this. Once he declines, I'll buy.
            Daily disposables are the only lens anyone should ever wear. Convenient, healthy, comfortable and cost effective. Granted they don't come in all prescriptions (only correct small to moderate amounts of astigmatism) but they work for >80% of the population.

            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 37996

              #7
              Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
              Clever marketing.
              I once saw an ad for "HD countertops." They were laminate with some texture on them. I don't have an opinion on the product itself, but the marketing was idiotic.

              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 37996

                #8
                Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                Daily disposables are the only lens anyone should ever wear. Convenient, healthy, comfortable and cost effective. Granted they don't come in all prescriptions (only correct small to moderate amounts of astigmatism) but they work for >80% of the population.
                What is a "daily disposable"? 60 contacts per month? Or take them out once a day, throw them away at the end of the month?
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • Art Vandelay
                  Striving for mediocrity
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 10516

                  #9
                  Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  What is a "daily disposable"? 60 contacts per month? Or take them out once a day, throw them away at the end of the month?
                  Single wear lens. Yes, 60 a month if you are a 7 day a week wearer. They run you about $50 for 90 lenses, but you no longer have to pay for any cleaning supplies. They are by far the best lens available in my opinion.

                  Also for what its worth, CL are a loss leader. Doctors make very little if any money off contacts due to online distributors. I could care less where my patients gets his lenses as long as I know they are fit properly and he is taking care of them the way I want.

                  Comment

                  • cougjunkie
                    *Banned*
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 23223

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                    Single wear lens. Yes, 60 a month if you are a 7 day a week wearer. They run you about $50 for 90 lenses, but you no longer have to pay for any cleaning supplies. They are by far the best lens available in my opinion.

                    Also for what its worth, CL are a loss leader. Doctors make very little if any money off contacts due to online distributors. I could care less where my patients gets his lenses as long as I know they are fit properly and he is taking care of them the way I want.
                    I have the Focus Night and Days. Still going strong on day 90. I really need to switch them out more often.
                    *Banned*

                    Comment

                    • happyone
                      Board Bookworm
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 5398

                      #11
                      I personally stopped wearing contacts when I had to go to bifocals. Other than that it sounds like a good deal.

                      I may be small, but I'm slow.

                      A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                      Comment

                      • Art Vandelay
                        Striving for mediocrity
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 10516

                        #12
                        Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                        I have the Focus Night and Days. Still going strong on day 90. I really need to switch them out more often.
                        Nah, there are some great corneal specialists at the John Moran Eye Center and the residents always need practice dealing with full thickness corneal ulcers. I mean why would you want to spend the equivalent of one round of golf more a year on something as trivial as your eyesight?

                        Comment

                        • scottie
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 5247

                          #13
                          Does "box of 6 lenses" mean 3 sets?

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 37996

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            Nah, there are some great corneal specialists at the John Moran Eye Center and the residents always need practice dealing with full thickness corneal ulcers. I mean why would you want to spend the equivalent of one round of golf more a year on something as trivial as your eyesight?
                            I had a corneal ulcer in 2003. Before that, I wore the same pair of contacts for months at a time, never actually removing them from my eyes (until they became so dry and unbearable I had to).

                            I've stopped doing that.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • old_gregg
                              scaly man fish
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 16915

                              #15
                              I'm going to threadjack and formally turn this into an Art Vandelay Q&A.

                              Art, I have really dry eyes (diabetes), combined with allergies. I've tried prescription, oily lubricants with contacts and don't mind them, but would prefer to be able to wear contacts without these. My doctor (who can be a real a-hole) will only write me a prescription for Optix Night & Days, as he says they are the most breathable and suit my needs best. Is he a quack? What do you recommend for dry eyes/diabetic patients?

                              To tangentially relate to the thread, I'll definitely try your buddy's thing out, Ox. Sounds like a good deal.
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                              Comment

                              Working...