Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

thanks for sharing.

our boxer is absolutely amazing in every way - the lowest maintenance dog imaginable. she is 4.5 years old and boxers tend to have relatively short life spans, meaning she is probably already on the second half of her life. the thought of her passing is nearly unbearable for us, so we decided to go out, while she is still fairly young, and get her a little companion (and for us, a replacement). we brought home a 9 week old Portuguese Water Dog last Tuesday. he is the cutest little shit ever, but damn, puppies are rough. specifically, potty training effing sucks.

ultimately, i'd rather have dogs and go through the pain of losing them than not have dogs at all. i will likely have a dog or dogs for the rest of my life (though i may avoid puppies in the future)
    We told our kids that after Cassie we would be done with dogs. Not one of them believed us. I was talking to my second daughter after Apollo died and I told her I can't do this again. To which she told me that I'm in my early 50's, and asked me what I was going to do when Cassie probably dies when I'm 60. I had to concede, I will probably have more dogs in my life.

But agree with the puppy thing. Our last 2 were puppies. They are adorable but they're also a lot. We'll see if Mrs. NWC's heart is melt resistant.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• I hate dogs - so I'd probably really hate this guy.

Man who spent $20K to transform himself into border collie steps out for first-ever walk in public (msn.com)

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
        i like dogs for the most part, so i'd probably really hate that guy
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• I like dogs a lot, except for stupid little yap-yap dogs. I just don't like taking care of dogs.

One of our neighbors has a doberman and another has a big standard poodle. They're fun to play with when they're out for a walk or over at the park. I can play with them and enjoy their dog personalities for a while and when they poop or barf I don't have to deal with it. I also don't have to deal with the shots and microchip and going to the vet and all that other stuff.

Comment

• This one's for you, Piney:

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• no thanks

Comment

Working...
              X