Tex

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • scottie
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 5247

    #1

    Tex

    In my time on CG and CUF (this applies mostly to CG), I would have to say that Tex has been the biggest enigma. He posted a ton, was very polarizing, and with the exception of his religious beliefs shared zero information about his personal life (e.g., his age, where he lives, marital status, etc.). Deciphering personal information about him became kind of a game for some of us.

    Anyway, he was definitely one of the CG all-stars, and unfortunately he hasn't jumped into CUF with both feet. Has anyone here ever met him in person?
  • byu71
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22070

    #2
    Originally posted by scottie View Post
    In my time on CG and CUF (this applies mostly to CG), I would have to say that Tex has been the biggest enigma. He posted a ton, was very polarizing, and with the exception of his religious beliefs shared zero information about his personal life (e.g., his age, where he lives, marital status, etc.). Deciphering personal information about him became kind of a game for some of us.

    Anyway, he was definitely one of the CG all-stars, and unfortunately he hasn't jumped into CUF with both feet. Has anyone here ever met him in person?
    Yea, I miss Tex. He was a combination of Indy and Snipe on steroids.

    Comment

    • SoCalCoug
      Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
      • Nov 2008
      • 5214

      #3
      I don't miss him.
      If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

      "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

      "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

      Comment

      • RC Vikings
        Known Heterosexual
        • Nov 2008
        • 8789

        #4
        Garth Brooks is to Chris Gaines what Mike Waters is to Tex.

        Comment

        • SeattleUte
          Faith crisis consultant
          • Nov 2008
          • 20837

          #5
          I miss him. He was cryptonite to the progressive Mormons.
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

          --Jonathan Swift

          Comment

          • Indy Coug
            Heartless Bastard
            • Dec 2008
            • 18747

            #6
            I could never figure out how Tex got so far underneath some people's skin. He wasn't as abusive, profane or extreme as any number of other posters on CG/CUF are.

            Despite the best attempts of people to lazily paint Tex and I with the same brush, I didn't really agree with him all that often -- we would come up with opposing viewpoints against others but usually for different reasons.
            Everything in life is an approximation.

            http://twitter.com/CougarStats

            Comment

            • All-American
              Right, as Usual
              • Nov 2008
              • 15665

              #7
              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              I miss him. He was cryptonite to the progressive Mormons.
              Kryptonite.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

              Comment

              • byu71
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22070

                #8
                Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                I could never figure out how Tex got so far underneath some people's skin. He wasn't as abusive, profane or extreme as any number of other posters on CG/CUF are.

                Despite the best attempts of people to lazily paint Tex and I with the same brush, I didn't really agree with him all that often -- we would come up with opposing viewpoints against others but usually for different reasons.
                I think the comparison wasn't so much that you always thought alike. The comparison was that both of you seem to think your shit is crushed pineapple. I didn't think that, but that is what I have heard was the comparison.

                Comment

                • Indy Coug
                  Heartless Bastard
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 18747

                  #9
                  Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  I think the comparison wasn't so much that you always thought alike. The comparison was that both of you seem to think your shit is crushed pineapple. I didn't think that, but that is what I have heard was the comparison.
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

                  http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                  Comment

                  • pellegrino
                    miserere me
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 12100

                    #10
                    Originally posted by All-American View Post
                    Kryptonite.
                    [YOUTUBE]GrQCro68sRU[/YOUTUBE]
                    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                    Alessandro Manzoni

                    Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                    pelagius

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69711

                      #11
                      Tex checks in regularly to search on his name and see what we are saying about him. I am sure he appreciates the shout-out. (hey Tex)

                      I miss him about as much as I miss Lingo. (hey Lingo)
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      Working...