Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Cutting out Cable Thread (Internet TV!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Don’t worry, Pelado. My son has watched HSM and the sequels. Mostly because his sisters watched them but he could still sing the lyrics. He’s not gay. I think.
    lol
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
      When I quit Comcast I joined Frontier. Frontier's deal included a $100 cash card after 90 days of service, to offset the upfront installation charges. I got the $100 cash card this past week and determined that I was going to spend it on some new shoes, and as Black Friday is coming up - I thought I'd use the $100 from my cable cutting escapade to pay for them.

The above is a true story - and I'm pleased that your accountant penchant for balancing the credits and debits of life, and various threads, needs to be satisfied. I hope I passed your surprise audit. Sign off below, making it official.
      Yeah, but now you have Frontier cable.

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
        Yeah, but now you have Frontier cable.
        Internet only 500 mb for $39 month. Even though I'm only getting 100 mb - I'm still functioning 99.9% of the time.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Internet only 500 mb for $39 month. Even though I'm only getting 100 mb - I'm still functioning 99.9% of the time.
          Capped?
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

When I quit Comcast I joined Frontier. Frontier's deal included a $100 cash card after 90 days of service, to offset the upfront installation charges. I got the $100 cash card this past week and determined that I was going to spend it on some new shoes, and as Black Friday is coming up - I thought I'd use the $100 from my cable cutting escapade to pay for them.

The above is a true story - and I'm pleased that your accountant penchant for balancing the credits and debits of life, and various threads, needs to be satisfied. I hope I passed your surprise audit. Sign off below, making it official.
            I have audited the accompanying statement of clackamascoug for the day ending 27 November 2019. This statement is the responsibility of the management of clackamascoug. My responsibility is to an express an opinion on this statement based on my audits.

I conducted my audits in accordance with auditing standards generally accepted on message boards in the United States of America. Those standards require that I plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether the statement is free of material misstatement. An audit also includes assessing the principles used and significant estimates made by management, as well as evaluating the overall statement presentation. I believe that my audits provide a reasonable basis for my opinion.

In my opinion, the statement presents fairly, in all material respects, the position of clackamascoug as of 27 November 2019 in conformity with principles generally accepted on message boards in the United States of America.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
              I have audited the accompanying statement of clackamascoug for the day ending 27 November 2019. This statement is the responsibility of the management of clackamascoug. My responsibility is to an express an opinion on this statement based on my audits.

I conducted my audits in accordance with auditing standards generally accepted on message boards in the United States of America. Those standards require that I plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether the statement is free of material misstatement. An audit also includes assessing the principles used and significant estimates made by management, as well as evaluating the overall statement presentation. I believe that my audits provide a reasonable basis for my opinion.

In my opinion, the statement presents fairly, in all material respects, the position of clackamascoug as of 27 November 2019 in conformity with principles generally accepted on message boards in the United States of America.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                  Here is one of many many articles noting the poor launch.

https://gizmodo.com/disney-is-embarrassing-1839836190

As the Dude points out, these are issues that they can certainly fix, but the service entered the scene with a pretty poor roll out. The nice thing for Disney is that they have so loyal a consumer base that people will stick with it and they are laughing all the way to the Bank while they sort out their issues.
                  I guess I was one of the special few who experienced no problems. The only slight annoyance was Xbox's delay in getting the app into the store-- I d/l'd it on the PS4 first until they got up to speed. The article notes that the content is excellent, but that there were problems with the rollout? I hardly think that merits characterizing Disney+ as some steaming turd that we zombies are lapping up.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Ugh, Pac 12 Network is only available on fubo or Sling. So lame. So I either have to free-trial one of those tonight, with the hassle of making an account, putting in my credit card, and then remembering to cancel. Or I'm listening to tonight's game on the radio.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                      Ugh, Pac 12 Network is only available on fubo or Sling. So lame. So I either have to free-trial one of those tonight, with the hassle of making an account, putting in my credit card, and then remembering to cancel. Or I'm listening to tonight's game on the radio.
                      I already signed up for another free trial with fubo (also used it for the UMass football game) and set it to record the game tonight. I plan to cancel the subscription tonight after I watch the game - pretty easy to do online.

I wasn't sure if Sling would include the game. When I looked up available providers in my zip code, this was the list I got:

DISH Network
                      Pac-12 Network: 406
                      Pac-12 Network on Hopper: 406
                      Pac-12 Network: 409
                      Pac-12 Network: 5438
                      fuboTV
                      Pac-12 Arizona
                      Pac-12 Bay Area
                      Pac-12 Los Angeles
                      Pac-12 Mountain
                      Pac-12 Network
                      Pac-12 Oregon
                      Pac-12 Washington
                      Sling TV
                      Pac-12 Arizona
                      Pac-12 Bay Area
                      Pac-12 Los Angeles
                      Pac-12 Mountain
                      Pac-12 Oregon
                      Pac-12 Washington
                      Vidgo
                      Pac-12 Arizona
                      Pac-12 Bay Area
                      Pac-12 Los Angeles
                      Pac-12 Mountain
                      Pac-12 Network
                      Pac-12 Oregon
                      Pac-12 Washington
                      The game may also be included on the regional "Mountain" network, but Sling not listing Pac-12 Network was enough for me to bypass them for another option. I also looked briefly at Vidgo, but didn't see any DVR capability there. I will not be forced to watch live and/or with commercials!
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I hate Disney +'s faux HDR bs -- it looks terrible, and there's no way for me to turn it off and/or just revert to 1080P. HDR content on Amazon looks great on the other hand.

I doesn't appear like Disney + [yet] is a big threat to Netflix. I know they have Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar and their original animated movies, but I feel like the real value for Netflix is the TV shows, both original and syndicated, combined with their sheer mass and variety of content in all genres. There's something for almost everyone. Disney, on the other hand, primarily caters to kids -- which of course is a huge demo -- but there's also a limitless amount of kid's stuff on Netflix. I just don't think repeat viewings of Star Wars, Marvel and Pixar movies is enough to make me and other people stay with it on a continuous basis.

After the Mandalorian is done, I'm cancelling. Unless the Mandalorian completely falls apart, I'll subscribe again when it comes back. Marvel tv shows so far have been a disaster and I'll take a wait and see approach if any of those are any good. My kids have been watching some Disney + stuff, but they're still watching more Netflix and some Amazon (my 7 year old son loves watching videos of the Nintendo Switch Super Mario game, we don't have a Switch, my son resembles and acts like a meth addict after playing video games for too long).
                        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• This could make Sling much more attractive, even with the extra $5 per month for cloud-based DVR:

Sling today announced that it's added the ability to record ESPN channels via its cloud-based DVR. That includes ESPN, ESPN2, ACC Network, SEC Network, ESPN Bases Loaded, ESPN Deportes, ESPN Goal Line, ESPNUEWS and ESPNU.

It doesn't include ESPN3, ACC Network Extra, and SEC Network+.

In addition, Sling says it's activated full DVR funcationality on all of its DVR-capable channels. Here's the deal:

Slingers can now pause, rewind or fast-forward through any recorded programs, and even skip the commercials. Previously, recordings on select channels would automatically redirect viewers to on-demand content, if available. With this update, viewers can now watch the version they recorded and fast-forward through commercials, saving time to watch the shows they love, without interruption.
                          https://www.cordcutters.com/you-can-...029d-358060417
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I still have YTTV. Will probably keep it now that the Lakers are really good again.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

• UFC 251: Usman vs. Burns is a infected martial arts situation ufc 251 streaming produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that will unity place not in the sever from and wide off from July 12, 2020 at the UFC Fight Island expertise roughly Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakes View Post
                                UFC 251: Usman vs. Burns is a infected martial arts situation ufc 251 streaming produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that will unity place not in the sever from and wide off from July 12, 2020 at the UFC Fight Island expertise roughly Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
                                Hi Jakes... how much?

Does it beat just finding a free stream on reddit or something? Asking for a friend.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X