Worldmark

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FMCoug
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 6825

    #1

    Worldmark

    Anybody members or have any experience with these guys? We got invited by some friends to go to Vegas on a promo deal. The price was too good to pass up but we do have to endure the hard sell pitch while we are there. What should I expect? It's 3 nights at the Wyndham property in Vegas, a dinner, and tickets to Terry Fator for $250 so it was hard to pass up.
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."
  • byu71
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22070

    #2
    Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
    Anybody members or have any experience with these guys? We got invited by some friends to go to Vegas on a promo deal. The price was too good to pass up but we do have to endure the hard sell pitch while we are there. What should I expect? It's 3 nights at the Wyndham property in Vegas, a dinner, and tickets to Terry Fator for $250 so it was hard to pass up.
    I am a member. I have only been to the facility on Vegas Blvd. in Vegas. It is a great facility. They always try to get me to go to a meeting to "update" members. I always pass. A couple of times I had to remind them I am the "owner" and they should quit harassing me.

    I can't tell you how bad the meetings are or the pressure. I can tell you you can buy a membership cheaper on e-bay than direct.

    Comment

    • Jarid in Cedar
      CS Institutional Memory
      • Jun 2009
      • 13234

      #3
      I am a big fan of Worldmark. I would buy points on EBay though. You can get them for about 30-50 cents on the dollar.
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

      -Rick Majerus

      Comment

      • Drunk Tank
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 2569

        #4
        Man, no kidding about Ebay...There are some cheap timeshares there. I found one I used to own. I paid 7k back in the day, now just $49 plus closing cost... Wow!
        "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

        Comment

        • FMCoug
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 6825

          #5
          Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          I can't tell you how bad the meetings are or the pressure. I can tell you you can buy a membership cheaper on e-bay than direct.
          Wasn't high pressure at all. That said, I am now an owner.

          Via resale, you cannot get some of the premiere benefits. So we got the lowest package that comes with all that and will add ebay points..
          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

          Comment

          • byu71
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22070

            #6
            Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
            Wasn't high pressure at all. That said, I am now an owner.

            Via resale, you cannot get some of the premiere benefits. So we got the lowest package that comes with all that and will add ebay points..
            Were you at the Vegas site on Vegas Blvd? Cool facility huh.

            Comment

            • FMCoug
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 6825

              #7
              Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              Were you at the Vegas site on Vegas Blvd? Cool facility huh.
              Yep. Actually here until tomorrow. Great facility. Love the lazy river. Saw the Terry Fator show last night and they gave us free tickets to The Mentalist tonight. Hadn't been to Vegas for a long time but this has been a blast.

              Since we just got rid of our RV the timeshare seemed like a good alternative.
              "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

              Comment

              • LiveCoug
                LA Ute loves me
                • Nov 2008
                • 18488

                #8
                Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                Wasn't high pressure at all. That said, I am now an owner.

                Via resale, you cannot get some of the premiere benefits. So we got the lowest package that comes with all that and will add ebay points..
                Well, obviously there wasn't high pressure. You need to say no for that!



                Seriously though, I hope you said no at least once, cause they will drop their price in half (usually) once you initially say no. So, if anyone is really planning on getting a time share through one of these presentations, just say no and the price will just keep dropping.

                Comment

                • Jarid in Cedar
                  CS Institutional Memory
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 13234

                  #9
                  Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                  Yep. Actually here until tomorrow. Great facility. Love the lazy river. Saw the Terry Fator show last night and they gave us free tickets to The Mentalist tonight. Hadn't been to Vegas for a long time but this has been a blast.

                  Since we just got rid of our RV the timeshare seemed like a good alternative.
                  I really like the Vegas property. Good place to stay/.
                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                  "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                  "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                  -Rick Majerus

                  Comment

                  • byu71
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22070

                    #10
                    Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                    Wasn't high pressure at all. That said, I am now an owner.

                    Via resale, you cannot get some of the premiere benefits. So we got the lowest package that comes with all that and will add ebay points..
                    PM me with those of those premiere benefits. Everytime I call them or they call me, I am referred to as a "premium owner". Maybe that isn't the same as premier.

                    Comment

                    • FMCoug
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 6825

                      #11
                      Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      Well, obviously there wasn't high pressure. You need to say no for that!



                      Seriously though, I hope you said no at least once, cause they will drop their price in half (usually) once you initially say no. So, if anyone is really planning on getting a time share through one of these presentations, just say no and the price will just keep dropping.
                      Hard to know how good a deal overall but I did end up getting it for about 60% of what they say "retail" is. And got them to throw in an extra week as well.
                      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                      Comment

                      • byu71
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22070

                        #12
                        Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                        Hard to know how good a deal overall but I did end up getting it for about 60% of what they say "retail" is. And got them to throw in an extra week as well.
                        What I have used the most through the years is bonus time. As they continue to sell more membership, bonus time becomes harder and harder to come by. When you can get in though, you can't beat the price.

                        Comment

                        • FMCoug
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 6825

                          #13
                          Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                          What I have used the most through the years is bonus time. As they continue to sell more membership, bonus time becomes harder and harder to come by. When you can get in though, you can't beat the price.
                          Yeah my friends said the same thing. One of the things you get as a TravelShare memberr (that's the name of the new thing you can only get if you buy direct) is extra time. Bonus Time is 14 days out ... I can do it 21 days out (for .06 a point vs. .05). And the more points you have, the further in advance that gets. I can also book a week at any RCI resort 45 days or less out ... for 4000 points flat rate. There are other things too but those were the two biggies.
                          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                          Comment

                          Working...