A technological quantum leap

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lost Student
    BAND!
    • Nov 2008
    • 4324

    #16
    Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Do you still have a regular hard drive where you store your files outside of your OS? I talked to a computer guy and that's the setup he recommended -- put the OS and all the software on the solid state drive and keep all the files, photos, music, etc. on a regular hard drive.
    Yes--I just reformatted the old hard drive and stuck all the documents on there. All programs get installed to the SSD. I was worried that 120GB wouldn't be enough but I currently have 70.8GB free and I have all the major programs installed already (no games since this is my work computer; I think when I put an SSD in my home computer I'll probably go up to 256GB to make room for all the games I might want).
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

    Comment

    • Uncle Ted
      The Big 12 money shot.
      • Apr 2010
      • 28853

      #17
      Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      Do you still have a regular hard drive where you store your files outside of your OS? I talked to a computer guy and that's the setup he recommended -- put the OS and all the software on the solid state drive and keep all the files, photos, music, etc. on a regular hard drive.
      That is how I did it for my macbook pro setup. I got rid of the optical drive and installed a SSD drive for the OS/applications but a 7200 rpm HD with lot of space for my home directory. It works very well.

      Of course, then apple came out with their "Fusion" drives which are similar in concept.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      Working...