Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Jan. 27 launch event... what will it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Hey, Apple Fanboy JL... Did you get your AirPods yet? Uncle Tim has increased production but still can't keep them in the store:

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/08/01...irpods-demand/

You best order them now if you want them before Christmas!
    Whoa. Do you mean to tell us that there are a bunch of huge dorks out there willing to dump money on apple stuff?

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Whoa. Do you mean to tell us that there are a bunch of huge dorks out there willing to dump money on apple stuff?

Yep... God bless everyone of y'all!
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I bought in at $95

I love the idea of the airpod and they seem to be the best built wireless earphone on the market, despite looking dorky. I'd love to own a pair, but I already know they won't stay in my ear since they seem to be the same shape as the apple wired earphones, which I can't keep in my ears for more than a second. I must just have funny shaped ears. But the airpod would be great for cycling as I could have one in one ear and have no wires running down to the phone in my back pocket.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          I bought in at $95

I love the idea of the airpod and they seem to be the best built wireless earphone on the market, despite looking dorky. I'd love to own a pair, but I already know they won't stay in my ear since they seem to be the same shape as the apple wired earphones, which I can't keep in my ears for more than a second. I must just have funny shaped ears. But the airpod would be great for cycling as I could have one in one ear and have no wires running down to the phone in my back pocket.
          Yeah, the fact that they have a hard shell so they don't fit in everyone's ears well and that they are not connected means you are likely to lose one easily. Then in addition to looking like a huge dork wearing those things, you are going to feel like a huge idiot for dropping $160 on something that is so easy to lose.

But if you own Apple stock, cheer on those dorks!
          Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 08-03-2017, 10:05 PM.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Yeah, the fact that they have a hard shell so they don't fit in everyone's ears well and that they are not connected means you are likely to lose one easily. Then in addition to looking like a huge dork wearing those things, you are going to feel like a huge idiot for dropping $160 on something that is so easy to lose.

But if you own Apple stock, cheer on those dorks!
            JL, you should consider getting an Apple Watch as well. It is another great accessory for your iPhone. Not to mention Apple is really starting to sell the heck out of these (up 50% from last year) and they are becoming very popular.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I think the Uncle Ted bot is giving bestellen a run for her money!
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The iPhone X and iPhone 8/8+ have been announced... JL will say he won't want an iPhone X since they removed some obsolete things but will be rushing out to get one when available.

iPhone 8/8+ has the new six-core kick butt "Bionic" A11 CPU with the new Apple multi-core GPU (4.3 Billion transistors) and, of course, all new cameras. 70% faster than the now obsolete, slow dog iPhone 7 with the A10 CPU. The GPU is 30% faster than the iPhone 7's GPU and uses half the power. This translates to better gaming power for JL to keep him entertained at church and the power needed for all those cool new AR apps. Oh yeah, no more plugging in for charging (Qi open standard wireless charging). (But what is JL going to do with all his old chargers?) Starting at only $699 (for iPhone 8 w/ 64GB) or $799 (for the plus w/ 64GB).

But wait... There is one more thing: The future of the smartphone! The iPhone X! :rockon2:

With the "Super Retina" 5.8" OLED Display (edge-to-edge, 458 ppi, million-to-one contrast, etc).

But there is no more home button?!? (Of course, JL is not going to like it.)

Unlocking is done with blazingly fast "Face ID". You look at your iPhone X and it unlocks. It uses lots sensors at the top of the of the iPhone X to map out your face and to identify you. The A11 Bionic chip also includes a flip'n neural net engine to power all this. It can tell the difference from photos and masks and real faces. Touch ID can be spoofed in 1 in 50,000. Face ID can only be spoofed in 1 in a 1,000,000 (i.e., only if you have an evil twin).

iPhone X has better cameras, of course. The front cameras have been improved as well. All of this and 2 more hours of battery life! And you only need one charging mat to charge all your iDevices (iPhone, Apple Watch, and those ear pods that JL loves!) with AirPower!

The best part... the iPhone X will have the low introductory price of only $999! (64GB). Available November 3rd.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• i will get the x but not super thrilled about face id being only unlock option. lots of times when i want to unlock without looking at my phone.
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

The iPhone X and iPhone 8/8+ have been announced... JL will say he won't want an iPhone X since they removed some obsolete things but will be rushing out to get one when available.

iPhone 8/8+ has the new six-core kick butt "Bionic" A11 CPU with the new Apple multi-core GPU (4.3 Billion transistors) and, of course, all new cameras. 70% faster than the now obsolete, slow dog iPhone 7 with the A10 CPU. The GPU is 30% faster than the iPhone 7's GPU and uses half the power. This translates to better gaming power for JL to keep him entertained at church and the power needed for all those cool new AR apps. Oh yeah, no more plugging in for charging (Qi open standard wireless charging). (But what is JL going to do with all his old chargers?) Starting at only $699 (for iPhone 8 w/ 64GB) or $799 (for the plus w/ 64GB).

But wait... There is one more thing: The future of the smartphone! The iPhone X! :rockon2:

With the "Super Retina" 5.8" OLED Display (edge-to-edge, 458 ppi, million-to-one contrast, etc).

But there is no more home button?!? (Of course, JL is not going to like it.)

Unlocking is done with blazingly fast "Face ID". You look at your iPhone X and it unlocks. It uses lots sensors at the top of the of the iPhone X to map out your face and to identify you. The A11 Bionic chip also includes a flip'n neural net engine to power all this. It can tell the difference from photos and masks and real faces. Touch ID can be spoofed in 1 in 50,000. Face ID can only be spoofed in 1 in a 1,000,000 (i.e., only if you have an evil twin).

iPhone X has better cameras, of course. The front cameras have been improved as well. All of this and 2 more hours of battery life! And you only need one charging mat to charge all your iDevices (iPhone, Apple Watch, and those ear pods that JL loves!) with AirPower!

The best part... the iPhone X will have the low introductory price of only $999! (64GB). Available November 3rd.
                    So i need a charging mat for home and for the road? What about charging in the car?

FaceID sounds nice in instances, but lame in other instances (like when I'm discretely looking at my phone in church, in court, in church court, etc. and I don't want to lift it up to my face to open it). Just thinking out loud here.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      i will get the x but not super thrilled about face id being only unlock option. lots of times when i want to unlock without looking at my phone.
                      wait, you cant even put a pattern or something? dumb

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                        wait, you cant even put a pattern or something? dumb
                        i could be wrong, but i think so
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          i will get the x but not super thrilled about face id being only unlock option. lots of times when i want to unlock without looking at my phone.
                          You can still unlock using the PIN. So just memorize the location of the numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Apple Jan. 27 launch event... what will it be?

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            So i need a charging mat for home and for the road? What about charging in the car?

FaceID sounds nice in instances, but lame in other instances (like when I'm discretely looking at my phone in church, in court, in church court, etc. and I don't want to lift it up to my face to open it). Just thinking out loud here.
                            Qi is an open standard so just get a car with a built in Qi charger or use your old charging cable if you are not a hipster.

Edit: ps. You need an Apple Watch, my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Uncle Ted; 09-12-2017, 12:25 PM.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Hey Uncle Ted.

Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 09-12-2017, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Amazing poop emojis though.
                                DJi1fHIWAAAZ3sj.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X