Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Jan. 27 launch event... what will it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    I love how android users like mpfunk are all so satisfied that they bounce from phone to phone and brand to brand. Samsung users are suddenly interested in trying out LG, HTC, or other android phones, but it's because they are completely happy with their phone.
    That's a silly argument.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      I, for one, am glad that people continue to buy an inferior phone, especially celebrities.

In all seriousness, despite the denial in this thread, the biggest advantage that the Android phones had were the larger screens. The fact that Apple's essentially putting an end to the small-screened iPhone when production of the 5s is finished speaks volumes -- everyone wants larger screen phones and Apple wasn't providing it. Honestly, I am a little surprised they're making that jump to phablets with that 5.5 inch phone, especially in light of how many of you on here just couldn't get enough of that awesome 3 inch screen that had been around since 2007. You should voice your opinion to Apple and let them know how displeased you are that they're taking away that highly functional screen that was right at home during the Blackberry era. Maybe they'll file it away along with the complaints from the dozens of other people that prefer Apple's marvel of 2007 engineering.

Apple should have come out with the larger screen at least two years ago -- when they came out with the iPhone 5. In the meantime, Android is, IMO, now the superior OS. The bugginess is now largely gone, while the better layout and flexibility remains. Additionally, Google's apps like gmail, maps and Google Drive are substantially better than comparable Apple apps (if they exist at all), and they work a lot better on Android. Gmail and Google Drive are fundamental personal and business applications and chances are a substantial if not a majority of one's use of the phone (other than browsing the web and talking) will deal with these two functions -- emailing and retrieving, saving and reviewing docs. A year ago, I might have perhaps had a different opinion on this, but I don't now.

With that said, I still strongly support Apple, especially iCloud. And I sincerely hope that celebrities like Alison Brie continue to use it.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
        In all seriousness, despite the denial in this thread, the biggest advantage that the Android phones had were the larger screens. The fact that Apple's essentially putting an end to the small-screened iPhone when production of the 5s is finished speaks volumes -- everyone wants larger screen phones and Apple wasn't providing it. Honestly, I am a little surprised they're making that jump to phablets with that 5.5 inch phone, especially in light of how many of you on here just couldn't get enough of that awesome 3 inch screen that had been around since 2007. You should voice your opinion to Apple and let them know how displeased you are that they're taking away that highly functional screen that was right at home during the Blackberry era. Maybe they'll file it away along with the complaints from the dozens of other people that prefer Apple's marvel of 2007 engineering.
        What about a cellphone that fits in your pocket? Have engineers been able to unlock that feat yet? Look- If I want to carry around a GD ipad, that's what I'll buy.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
          What about a cellphone that fits in your pocket? Have engineers been able to unlock that feat yet? Look- If I want to carry around a GD ipad, that's what I'll buy.

I love the size of the 5S phone and wish they'd keep that size available.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
            LOL! Occasionally I will run into engineers that have a 6-inch+ phablet, in a bulky protective case, affixed to their belts, presumably because it won't even fit in their cargo pants pockets. It looks like they are wearing a 7-inch tablet on their hips.

Comment

• people care about this way too much
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Heaven help me but I agree with MPfunk. I don't mind the screen size but I find the iPhone's file system lockdown and the lack of an SD card slot to be ridiculous. The battery life can suck it as well. There are definitely things I miss about my old Android.

Yes I have an iPhone, an iPad, and a Hackintosh.

Comment

• Device fanboy arguments are dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    people care about this way too much

Things I want my phone to be able to do:

- Email
                    - Text
                    - Check boxscores
                    - Make about two calls per week
                    - Fit in my pocket

Heck, when people say Android phone, I don't even know what that means.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• I read recently that Samsung is suffering financially because smart phones have gotten to the point where it is tough to come up with a new technological advance that warrants trading in your old phone or switching from another type to get a new one. Screen size, image quality, processor speed, camera quality, etc. have all pretty much plateaued. Our family is about 50/50 iphone/samsung and there isn't really much difference. Phones are just a commodity now. It is like choosing between chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Who cares?
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I love the size of the 5S phone and wish they'd keep that size available.
                        Ditto, more or less. I actually prefer the size of the 4S to the 5S. I like to be able to swipe anywhere with my thumb without having to shift the phone around in my hand. My hands are just to small to do that comfortably with the 5S so there's no way I'm going to get something bigger.

Don't these designers have pockets?
                        Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost.
                        --William Blake, via Shpongle

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          That's a silly argument.
                          It's not, though.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            It is like choosing between chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Who cares?
                            I care. Well, not about the phones, so much as the ice cream, more specifically the toppings. Chocolate is best for marshmallow crème and vanilla is best for hot fudge and caramel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              I read recently that Samsung is suffering financially because smart phones have gotten to the point where it is tough to come up with a new technological advance that warrants trading in your old phone or switching from another type to get a new one. Screen size, image quality, processor speed, camera quality, etc. have all pretty much plateaued. Our family is about 50/50 iphone/samsung and there isn't really much difference. Phones are just a commodity now. It is like choosing between chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Who cares?
                              But chocolate is the better ice cream.
                              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                                But chocolate is the better ice cream.

Great minds think alike and get sidetracked on tangents by the same topics!!

Comment

Working...
                                X